Random Chit Chat

I'm thinking of buying one or two. Trying to find some new movies to watch.

I already saw Avatar twice at an IMAX back then, so I will most likely not be getting it for awhile.

Well how come everything has been in completely random order for months? This is not just for me either, my friend has the same problem, so I assume it's widespread.

142hbp1.png

^ YES! That! GAH! I HATE THAT. IT NEVER WORKS! I click most recent, and the next time I load facebook I get Top news. WTH is top news anyways? I mean, surely, if they took concepts from CNN or FOX on that, they got it wrong. ;)

It's just an algorithm that tracks all your activity on Facebook and compiles the Top News based on your activities.

Eh, I don't mind Facebook layout changes. It's not hard to get used to it, people just like to make noise and complain because they're too used to the same thing over and over.

Well it's pointless. And probably only helps if you have like 2,000 friends. I have like under 200. So there is no point in using algorithms to give me "top news" when I see all that news in my LIVE news feed. That's what I hate. Why would I want to see peoples activity from YESTERDAY or 12 HOURS ago. I do not understand it. I wish you could disable it because clicking live feed never works for an extended time period.

Well it's pointless. And probably only helps if you have like 2,000 friends. I have like under 200. So there is no point in using algorithms to give me "top news" when I see all that news in my LIVE news feed. That's what I hate. Why would I want to see peoples activity from YESTERDAY or 12 HOURS ago. I do not understand it. I wish you could disable it because clicking live feed never works for an extended time period.

I agree.

I have it showing "Most recent" not "Top News" and thats the way I want it.

Until tomorrow when I have to select "Most recent"... again!

I hate the Top News feature. I always set it to most recent. The order keeps changing throughout the day too so I'll see stuff that I already saw mixed in with new stuff. What makes some of my friend's posts more important than others? I think they are all equally special, lol.

I have to take the ACT exam tomorrow. Not looking forward to it, but I feel that I'm pretty much ready for it. Only got a 23 on the practice exam, but I think I'm going to do a lot better this time around (at least 5 points higher). I went to an ACT prep session on saturday (6 hours) and I learned a ton. I've since taken another practice exam (not the whole thing, I did half of each section), and I noticed I was able to go through the test much faster (I actually was able to finish all of the sections in time) and I felt much more confident. The only thing I'm not looking forward to is the essay.

Back
Top Bottom