Still don't believe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it's an article from the Sun, which isn't tremendously respectable.

Not saying that it makes it invalid, but i'm thinking perhaps it makes it a bit less.... balanced?

It's not changed my beliefs, at all.

yeah that article is from the Sun.

taking your information from the sun is like buying your glasses at the off-license.

Yep.

I've never taken anything seriously from the Sun newspaper.

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;1030278 said:
If this was from a reputable company I'd be interested. But as J03 said it's from the Sun, lol.

This looks "legit" I am NOT saying it is. People choose to believe in the Bible and I do. I believe in God as well- he's my savoir, I am not trying to stir for arguments here. When it all boils down. Believing in something is putting your faith in it. Its a belief. It goes with the Theory of Evolution, that's what you're choosing to believe in.

-->
It's on Fox news as well. They may be biased, but they are somewhat credible.

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/04/27/noahs-ark-found-turkey-ararat/
<--

Many people who I'm sure know their bible much better than you do would completely and utterly disagree with that statement! In fact if you knew your bible as well as you claim I'm sure you would've pointed out the mistake in both articles already regarding the number of each animal taken onto the ark ;)

I'm not saying take this as gospel - I don't believe it's right to base your faith on a random couple of articles found online. However I do believe it's interesting reading and should give people something to think about. From a Christian perspective I certainly find it very interesting, though if the whole thing was proven a hoax in the next week somehow (not that I think it will be!) then it wouldn't dent my faith one bit.
I didn't read the article. Just the title.

Not only that, the Bible has been tailered to many particular writer's fancy. And you have to be off your rocker to take all the stories literally. It's a book of parables.
A parable is a brief, succinct story, in prose or verse, that illustrates a moral or religious lesson.

Come one man, that is even said in the Bible.

According to Bible thumpers, the Earth was made 12,000 years ago. How do they come by this figure? They basically add up the ages of all the people in the Bible and figure it out from there... Dinosaurs were just a joke from God then right? To test our faith?

Here's another Bible story, Cain and Able, Cain kills Able. Cain is forced to walk around the Earth in shame with a mark on his forehead so no one would kill him... Oh wait, Adam and Even are the only people. Except Cain's hundred some brothers and sisters from Eve. That makes sense. Not to mention that a very similar tale is in mythology... So it was used to teach a lesson there as well. It's not meant to be taken literally.

The Sun and Fox News are owned by the same corporation. This is simply cross promotion. Doesn't validate anything.

Sensational: causing intense interest, curiosity, or emotion.
Claim: assert or affirm strongly; state to be true or existing.
:confused:
What is point are you trying to make?

Also, I did not know they were owned by the same corp.
Could you find it somewhere in your heart to forgive me?! :rolleyes:

Not only that, the Bible has been tailered to many particular writer's fancy. And you have to be off your rocker to take all the stories literally. It's a book of parables.
A parable is a brief, succinct story, in prose or verse, that illustrates a moral or religious lesson.

Are you denying the historicity of the Bible?

Come one man, that is even said in the Bible.

According to Bible thumpers, the Earth was made 12,000 years ago. How do they come by this figure? They basically add up the ages of all the people in the Bible and figure it out from there... Dinosaurs were just a joke from God then right? To test our faith?

Here's another Bible story, Cain and Able, Cain kills Able. Cain is forced to walk around the Earth in shame with a mark on his forehead so no one would kill him... Oh wait, Adam and Even are the only people. Except Cain's hundred some brothers and sisters from Eve. That makes sense. Not to mention that a very similar tale is in mythology... So it was used to teach a lesson there as well. It's not meant to be taken literally.

Most of the bible you DO NOT take literal. For example it says "40 days and 40 nights". The actual time being around 300 something days/nights.
I encourage you to question everything you read from the bible, study into every fact you don't believe. Study not only one view but views of many. Everyone, challenge the bible. Read it and take what you want, question what you wish. But what you question I encourage you to study the in and outs of. Getting the real facts, not the facts you wish to see but the honest truth.
Only then will you truly believe, many people including highly thought of scholars have spent their lives deeming the bible to be wrong. Only to find that everything they have read in it to be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom