is this a good motherboard?

Yea that motherboard is fine for your needs.

So you want an Intel set up or does it matter? What other components have you short-listed for the build?

I havnt really decided yet, this is basicly my start, i just want it to be able to downlad movies fast. right now i have a dell studio 15 laptop, got it last month, and it isnt fast enough for me. so i decided to build one, problem is, i dont know enough to know if all of the parts are going to be compatible or anything like that

I havnt really decided yet, this is basicly my start, i just want it to be able to downlad movies fast. right now i have a dell studio 15 laptop, got it last month, and it isnt fast enough for me. so i decided to build one, problem is, i dont know enough to know if all of the parts are going to be compatible or anything like that

Well your in a pretty good place to gain knowledge and help.

Whats your budget for the build?

For $1500, you'll want something better than an old LGA775 rig. Go for AMD AM3 or Intel 1156/1366.

If you'd rather keep costs down, AMD typically offers the best bang for the buck. Will you be gaming at all?

Faster hardware isn't going to make your internet any faster if that is your plan...

no gaming. but watching movies and such. i would like it to basically be a gaming computer anyway. but like i said, i have no idea wat im doing, so im going to need some help along the whole build, and it will be over the process of like a year or so because im only 15 and cant get a real job yet. so money for me is tight, but i still want to get just about the best of the best.

Okay. But you said "i just want it to be able to download movies fast".

That's completely dependent on your internet connection, not your hardware. You could have the fastest computer in the world and have the crappiest internet...causing your downloads to be slow.

Back
Top Bottom