California trying to ban the happy meal toy

How about this:

Don't ban the toy, and have a lower calorie meal. Is that too much asked?

^ that sounds like what they should do. As a kid I liked happy meals but they always made me sick within a few hours.

Kids only want the happy meal at McDs for the toy. They happy meal does have way to much shit in it for one kid though, so this might force McDs to make a newer happy meal with a little less calories.
Also, remember you have Mr. Universe as governor.

I agree.

I go to Mcdonald's.
When? Right after dancing for hours or doing something active for hours, that's when I can afford to have some.
Plus I eat it when my mom just brings it home. (She does this when she doesn't cook dinner, maybe once every 2 months?)
Then I'll eat it, but I don't just sit and do nothing, I burn it off.
America and their eating problem is pathetic.

The government needs to do much more to encourage kids (an adults) to be more active and exercise more, not banning some toy that isn't going to make any difference

LOL I am sorry but the responsibility lies with the parents in this case. If I get my daughter a happy meal I don't give her the drink because I already have a drink for her and she doesn't get french fries either. If the parents would take more initiative and care for their children then it wouldn't be an issue. I do admit that the burgers or chicken nuggets do have a lot of calories in it as well but it is fine every once and a while. People rely on Mcdonalds because they are "too busy" to cook or whatever. In my opinion if the parent doesn't care about the kids well being what position is it for the government to step in. This is going to have NO EFFECT on parents bringing their kid to McDonalds. Last time I checked the kids don't drive there and get the food themselves, their parents are taking them there. It is not going to change because they don't get a toy.

I agree completely that the responsability lies with the parents . Unfortunatly there are far too many parents who either do not fully understand the effect that this food can have on their kids or are just too lazy to cook proper food for their children ,

I am good friends with a nutritionalist and she gave me a deeper insight into the issue of childhood obesity and poor diet as a child . She said that when you think about it in the long run this kind of irresponsible parenting is a very damaging form of behavoir because if the child is fed fast food a lot when it is younger even if it does not become obese straight away (as is the case with most children especially younger ones who can easilly burn off the calories from a happy meal playing and running about) further problems can come when the child grows up old enough to make its own food choices as it will think that it is perfectly normal to eat this kind of food all the time and as it grows into adulthood this poor diet can lead to the obvious problems we see everyday .

Personally i dont think banning the toy from the happy meal is going to make a great deal of difference as that tactic is aimed at reducing the childs interests in the food whereas in many cases it is down to irresponsible parenting that that the kid eats the food . I think a much better aproach would be educating the parents about the effect they may be having on their children,even if appropriate giving the parents cooking lessons . Im not saying these parents mean their child any intentional harm however if they carry on ignoring advice then maybe in some cases it would be apropriate to take the children from the parents

Dont get me wrong im not saying never feed your kids food like Mc donalds but obviously its got to be in moderation or as a special treat not the norm ,I understand everyone has their busy days when there just arent enough hours in the day to cook and in that case fast food is a savoir but if your having more days like that than you are cooking maybe its time to rethink your lifestyle .As a child I rarely ate at Mc donalds and for that reason now it is not something that I eat that often

After reading this thread, I could really go for McDonalds. And I only have fast food about two or three times a month.

Back
Top Bottom