California trying to ban the happy meal toy

"County officials say the move—which would outlaw free toys with any meal that has over 485 calories or high levels of salt, sugar, and fat—would go a long way towards tackling child obesity, although the proposal has met fierce opposition from the restaurant industry"

This makes me cry.

Lol can the government even do that? This is the first step of our government beginning to transform into an oppressive regime. Lol who wouldve though happy meal toys though?

Edit: except it really is the second step, but the point remains.

I heard this about 2 weeks ago and almost got sick to my stomach. The toy doesn't make the parents bring their kid to McDonalds and feed their kids the food. I understand once and a while because I am not going to lie I take my daughter there once and a while too. But the problem comes when you bring a child to eat there and then let them sit around not doing anything the rest of the day and not burning the calories and extra crap in it. I mean why take away the toy why the heck not just shut them down if they really think that the food should not be consumed? I love how they think that just because a kid doesn't get some piece of crap toy in a happy meal that they are all the sudden not going to want to eat there or its going to force the parents to go somewhere else because there is no toy. Now the kid is going to get the meal anyways and be sad that there is no toy. So now he gets fat and depressed LOL. This just doesn't make sense at all and I am so sick of the government taking away the parenting aspect of this country and telling the companies what to do. I wish the government would spend some time fixing the economy and the ever growing deficit and then try to figure out where to go from there.

I used to eat mcdonalds when I was young, but I did not eat it three times a day, with soda inbetween every meal.

I actually think that soda might be more reaponsible for childhood obesity than things like mcdonalds. Of course the government is taking care of that too... With more taxes!

Kids only want the happy meal at McDs for the toy. They happy meal does have way to much shit in it for one kid though, so this might force McDs to make a newer happy meal with a little less calories.
Also, remember you have Mr. Universe as governor.

^^^you mean like the option to get apple slices instead of french fries and 1% lowfat milk or apple juice?

LOL I am sorry but the responsibility lies with the parents in this case. If I get my daughter a happy meal I don't give her the drink because I already have a drink for her and she doesn't get french fries either. If the parents would take more initiative and care for their children then it wouldn't be an issue. I do admit that the burgers or chicken nuggets do have a lot of calories in it as well but it is fine every once and a while. People rely on Mcdonalds because they are "too busy" to cook or whatever. In my opinion if the parent doesn't care about the kids well being what position is it for the government to step in. This is going to have NO EFFECT on parents bringing their kid to McDonalds. Last time I checked the kids don't drive there and get the food themselves, their parents are taking them there. It is not going to change because they don't get a toy.

Well, the parents will probably just get their kid the mcnuggets or a burger instead of the whole meal.

I'm neutral on this. I think it's a good thing if the government wants to make us healthier. Before long the rotation of the earth is going to be thrown off by all the weight in America....(lol, JUST A JOKE!)

Although it should be up to the parents to decide what their kids eat but 50% of the parents that take their kids to McDonalds (or fast food) regularly are proving that they can't make the best decisions for themselves, let alone their kids.

Back
Top Bottom