I need some upgrades. Help please.

okay but if I get the RAM how do I install it..no one has told me that yet..Do I just take out the old RAM and stick the new RAM in?

RAM is very easy to install. I'd recommend taking a look at online tutorials (youtube.com probably has several)? I'm sure you could find a decent one out there somewhere.

There's a little lip that you need to line up, to pop it in. Other than that? Not much to it.

Good luck.

RAM is very easy to install. I'd recommend taking a look at online tutorials (youtube.com probably has several)? I'm sure you could find a decent one out there somewhere.

There's a little lip that you need to line up, to pop it in. Other than that? Not much to it.

Good luck.

Yeah I know that..just undo the two little clips on each end and take the old RAM out and just pop the new RAM in and fasten the clips back and its done..no installing software or anything? and my comp magically runs faster?

and how much RAM do I need to buy from this --http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231170

Yeah I know that..just undo the two little clips on each end and take the old RAM out and just pop the new RAM in and fasten the clips back and its done..no installing software or anything? and my comp magically runs faster?

and how much RAM do I need to buy from this --http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231170

No software needed. Some systems will say "RAM has changed, hit f1 to continue" or some such. After that I suggest looking at your system manager to verify the correct amount of RAM is displaying.

Keep in mind that Windows allocates some of the RAM towards the paging file.

How much RAM are you looking to buy? That stick there is 1GB of RAM. Most gamers go from 2GB to 4GB depending on how much they'd like to spend.

No software needed. Some systems will say "RAM has changed, hit f1 to continue" or some such. After that I suggest looking at your system manager to verify the correct amount of RAM is displaying.

Keep in mind that Windows allocates some of the RAM towards the paging file.

How much RAM are you looking to buy? That stick there is 1GB of RAM. Most gamers go from 2GB to 4GB depending on how much they'd like to spend.

I just want to upgrade what I already have..so if its not really expensive id like to go to 4GB but will my mobo hold 4GB if so can you lead me in a direction toward some nice RAM thats not crazy expensive but will do the job?

By what you've posted I believe your motherboard can hold 4GB fine. I'd recommend browsing around Newegg or Ebay.

Newegg may be a little more expensive (but new RAM), Ebay will probably be less expensive, but it'll be used RAM.

Look for two 2GB sticks, DDR2.

By what you've posted I believe your motherboard can hold 4GB fine. I'd recommend browsing around Newegg or Ebay.

Newegg may be a little more expensive (but new RAM), Ebay will probably be less expensive, but it'll be used RAM.

Look for two 2GB sticks, DDR2.

okay. thank you very much!

Back
Top Bottom