Messy Desktops

This is pretty much what my desktops are (including my laptop)
background.jpg

I only keep files on my desktop temporary, and move them into the right spot later.

I got motivated and took off everything but shortcuts to:

-Photoshop CS4
-Itunes
-Utorrent
-MS Office

it feels weird being able to see my background

YES. Gotta keep the super important programs on the desktop!

I got about the same icons on both my laptop and desktop. Computer, Documents, Firefox, Chrome, iTunes. If I get more than 1 row of icons, stuff has to go. I keep more shortcuts on the taskbar.

currently have about 46 icons scattered over my desktop... seems like far too many, most of it is actually work though, documents I'm working on for changes to customers stuff etc.

22 files on the desktop currently. Mostly shortcuts and single files.
Back in high school I remember my social studies teacher having literally, no space left on his desktop.
Did I mention he was running win2k?

He always complained on how slow it was... I face-palmed...

TBH, I NEVER use the desktop. I might view the desktop folder when i'm uploading something, but I never see my desktop!

10-12 icons for me. Arranged in 2 rows of 5-6 in the top left coner. Anything more and I have to delete it.

One way to limit it is to install windows on C: and then install all your programs on D:. If you limit C: to like 10Gb or so then you won't have room to store stuff on your desktop, even if you wanted to =)

The whole point of having icons on the desktop is so you can find what you need immediately and get to it with a couple of clicks. Have so many on there that you can't find anything and it's really pointless, it's just like an unorganised start menu!

Personally, I've got 8 icons on my desktop and 3 in my quick launch bar (for stuff I need regularly when other windows are open.) Everything else goes in the start menu - and that's how it should be!

Back
Top Bottom