Zune HD vs. iPod Touch

Yeah, I've always thought it was archaic and backwards for Apple to not include an FM tuner in the iPod for the longest time ever. Extra FM tuner attachments for an extra cost? Wut?

I think the iPod might actually have a radio. I know the iPhone does, but apple has it disabled for some reason. Its whole purpose is to communicate with the Nike iPod thing they have which is also iPod touch compatible iirc. Anyway, my friend had it enabled on his jaibroken iPhone, and it actually worked very well. He said it also could function as an fm transmitter.

I think the iPod might actually have a radio. I know the iPhone does, but apple has it disabled for some reason. Its whole purpose is to communicate with the Nike iPod thing they have which is also iPod touch compatible iirc. Anyway, my friend had it enabled on his jaibroken iPhone, and it actually worked very well. He said it also could function as an fm transmitter.

Its just another way for Apple to rip you out of your money, to go out of your way to jailbreak it for radio? I used to have an iPod touch and I gotta say the jailbreak made my Touch terribly slow...I didn't even have a theme that would bottleneck it.

the only thing slow about my jailbroken ipod touch is the keyboard when using the search feature in cydia or if backgrounder has too many programs running at once other than that it seems just as fast as it was non jailbroken.

^ True. I thought Cydia was slow as molasses. But in general all my themes crashed every once and a while, it was far slower with it jailbroken. The only benefit was the free games.

It's still something you have to pay extra for to "unlock". No one should have to pay for basic FM radio capabilities on their MP3 player when EVERY competitor but Apple offers it as standard.

^ True. I thought Cydia was slow as molasses. But in general all my themes crashed every once and a while, it was far slower with it jailbroken. The only benefit was the free games.

And free everything if you add the right repositories you can get all the appstore apps or most of them for free but don't ask me how because that would violate the rules for CF and I don't really want to do that.

I know how to do it. It was a hassle because they didn't have a firmware update to 3.1.2 so my jailbreak was tethered, I couldn't shut off my iTouch. If I did it would go into recovery mode.

Back
Top Bottom