Buchanan to Obama

I agree. I belive they are more discriminating and racist than any other culture in America (not just the whites). They have Black-only colleges and scholarships yet there are not white-only or Hispanic-only scholarships. God forbid one try to make a Hispanic only scholarship, they would be sued for discrimination.

And the way they (i'm using the term loosely, by no means do I include all blacks here) talk to us whites... Cracker, white-boy, pasty all meant to be derogitory to us yet it's ok. If we say anything to them back that involves the color of their skin we are racist...

Don't you love the double standards?
Actually, I was searching for magazine sponsored scholarships the other day, and came across a latino-only scholarship... sponsored by non-other than low-rider magazine.

Only whites can be racist.

Pat Buchanan had the guts to say it.
It is about time.
BUCHANAN TO OBAMA
By Patrick J. Buchanan

Barack says we need to have a conversation about race in America .. Fair enough. But this time, it has to be a two-way conversation.. White America needs to be heard from, not just lectured to... This time, the Silent Majority needs to have its convictions, grievances and demands heard. And among them are these:

First, America has been the best country on earth for black folks. It was here that 600,000 black people, brought from Africa in slave ships, grew into a community of 40 million, were introduced to Christian salvation, and reached the greatest levels of freedom and prosperity blacks have ever known. Wright ought to go down on his knees and thank God he is an American.

Second, no people anywhere has done more to lift up blacks than white Americans. Untold trillions have been spent since the ' 60s on welfare, food stamps, rent supplements, Section 8 housing, Pell grants, student loans, legal services, Medicaid, Earned Income Tax Credits and poverty programs designed to bring the African-American community into the mainstream. Governments, businesses and colleges have engaged in discrimination against white folks -- with affirmative action, contract set-asides and quotas -- to advance black applicants over white applicants. Churches, foundations, civic groups, schools and individuals all over America have donated their time and money to support soup kitchens, adult education, day care, retirement and nursing homes for blacks.

We hear the grievances.
Where is the gratitude??

Barack talks about new 'ladders of opportunity' for blacks. Let him go to Altoona ? And Johnstown , and ask the white kids in Catholic schools how many were visited lately by Ivy League recruiters handing out scholarships for 'deserving' white kids..? Is white America really responsible for the fact that the crime and incarceration rates for African-Americans are seven times those of white America ? Is it really white America 's fault that illegitimacy in the African-American community has hit 70 percent and the black dropout rate from high schools in some cities has reached 50 percent?

Is that the fault of white America or, first and foremost, a failure of the black community itself?

As for racism, its ugliest manifestation is in interracial crime, and especially interracial crimes of violence. Is Barack Obama aware that while white criminals choose black victims 3 percent of the time, black criminals choose white victims 45 percent of the time?

Is Barack aware that black-on-white rapes are 100 times more common than the reverse, that black-on-white robberies were 139 times as common in the first three years of this decade as the reverse?

We have all heard ad nauseam from the Rev. Al about Tawana Brawley, the Duke rape case and Jena . And all turned out to be hoaxes. But about the epidemic of black assaults on whites that are real, we hear nothing.

Sorry, Barack, some of us have heard it all before, about 40 years and 40 trillion tax dollars ago.
This needs to be passed around because,
this is a message everyone needs to hear!!!

Some interesting points there. Equality means that, you cannot have black only this and black only that just as you couldn't have something that is white only

I'm not trying to be pro one way or the other here. I'm actually more to the side of the OP. But I think I should recommend the movie American History X to the readers of this thread.

There was a white Pride event day in Kansas. Pretty much everyone at our Airforce base got a email about it saying beware if your in the area. I'm like is it going to be a dangerous event. Gosh man

That guy from the video is crazy dude you gotta watch the baseball game of him

Pat Buchanan had the guts to say it.
It is about time.
He's not the first, and won't be the last...
Barack says we need to have a conversation about race in America .. Fair enough. But this time, it has to be a two-way conversation.. White America needs to be heard from, not just lectured to... This time, the Silent Majority needs to have its convictions, grievances and demands heard. And among them are these:
I honestly don't believe that there is a voice of the silent majority.

I do agree that any conversation needs to be 2 way, otherwise it's not a conversation.
First, America has been the best country on earth for black folks.
I imagine that a few years ago it was the worst country on earth, and whilst there are people still alive that remember racial segregation, people that had to fight for their rights to be a part of society etc, I don't think that you can say that America has been the best country for black folks at all, it's better than it was, but I don't know if you could say "best"
It was here that 600,000 black people, brought from Africa in slave ships, grew into a community of 40 million,
yes, that's surely the sign of the best country, being forced to a country as a slave, and then growing naturally,
you're looking at a what 50 fold increase in population, and to be honest you're also counting bi-racial people as black if you call barack obama black...
High birth rates by the way, are often a sign of the socially immobile, facing the most depraved situations.
were introduced to Christian salvation,
just what everyone needs :rolleyes:
(by the way, most black people already had religion in Africa, just their
and reached the greatest levels of freedom and prosperity blacks have ever known.
funny, cause the black populations of places like Nigeria, and the Sudan etc, (as in the place of original oragin for a lot of black people) seem to be an aweful lot more free?
Wright ought to go down on his knees and thank God he is an American.
I've no idea who Wright is,

Second, no people anywhere has done more to lift up blacks than white Americans.
yeah, a couple of hundred years of slavery, followed by decades of oppression, that's lifted loads of black people!
Untold trillions have been spent since the ' 60s on welfare, food stamps, rent supplements, Section 8 housing, Pell grants, student loans, legal services, Medicaid, Earned Income Tax Credits and poverty programs designed to bring the African-American community into the mainstream. Governments,
these programmes are available for white folkes too?
businesses and colleges have engaged in discrimination against white folks -- with affirmative action, contract set-asides and quotas -- to advance black applicants over white applicants.
I disagree with descrimination in all it's forms, including positive descrimination, however, these trillions have only had the effect to sort of level the playing field, they've made black people better off yes,
but think about it this way, had black people come to America under their own steam like every other nation on earth was able to, was fairly paid for their labours, like ever other nation wa able to, was alloud to run buisiness, use the same schools colleges and facilities like every other nation that came to america was able to... well then as a culture, there would probably be two things that'd have happened.
a), the population of black people in America likely wouldn't be as large, (as I pointed out earlier, birth rates are often higher in deprived societies).
b), there would be many more black people with high end jobs, earning more money, being able to send their children to good schools etc...

Churches, foundations, civic groups, schools and individuals all over America have donated their time and money to support soup kitchens, adult education,
Does it not strike you that a bigger question would be WHY is this needed?
Why do black people need more access to soup kitchens? is it that they have been so oppressed over the years that now they make up the bulk of the poverty striken?
do they need the education because they havn't had the same oppertunities?
or are you just suggesting that there is some kind of natural selection here? are black people just destined to be poor and dumb? or to you think that there might be social factors at play, due to years of oppression that have skewed the field to such an etent that in order to level it, there needs to be billions spent?

day care, retirement and nursing homes for blacks.
day care that they can't afford themselves due to poor jobs bought about by poor education, bought about be social pressures?
retirement homes, as they can't afford it themselves?

We hear the grievances.
Where is the gratitude??
America built it's empire on the back of slaves, the country went from being a wasteland to an industrial epicentre,
who was out farming tabacco? who was out picking cotton?
it sure as shit wasn't your white great grand daddy, it was one of these poor black guys great grand daddy...

your entier country in all it's greatness owes a huge debt to the black populations forefathers...

Don't get me wrong, positive discrimination positivly sucks...

I didn't own any slaves, why do I have to pay to elevate a population that was surpressed by a generation that wasn't my own?

there's a simple answer there, you, and your family already benefitted. and at who's expense? -I think you already know that somewhere in your guilty little mind.

Barack talks about new 'ladders of opportunity' for blacks. Let him go to Altoona ? And Johnstown , and ask the white kids in Catholic schools how many were visited lately by Ivy League recruiters handing out scholarships for 'deserving' white kids..?
I see, so given that a white guy and a black guy can start out the same in life, (as a child), both races have equal brain power and capacity for learning you see nothing weird in the fact that statistically there are so fewer black kids in the most prestigious schools?

you don't think that it could at all be the fact that social depravation cause by many years of oppression might still be at work?

social depravation caused by oppression creates more social depravation and poverty, both of these are shown to be contributers to the lack of education in any society facing these pressures. (which creates more depravation and poverty).
(it's not just black people, generally, anybody from a poor inner city area (regardless of the status of the country, the city or the colour of their skin) will be shown to not have as good of an education or start in life.

which goes on to answer the following questions:
Is white America really responsible for the fact that the crime and incarceration rates for African-Americans are seven times those of white America ?
Yes.
Is it really white America 's fault that illegitimacy in the African-American community has hit 70 percent and the black dropout rate from high schools in some cities has reached 50 percent?
yes and yes.

Is that the fault of white America or, first and foremost, a failure of the black community itself?
this is perhaps the most sensible question, arguably, within the next 3 generations, there should be an evening of the playing field and affirmative action programmes hould cease to exist.

why 3 generations?

well, there are people alive today who can still remember white only shops/pubs/drinking fountains.
they are the socially deprived, chances are that they possibly were effectivly denied an education, probably can't read too well,
how are they goin gto teach their kids to read when they can't even ready themselves?
their kids have gone through schools now and possibly havn't done too well, -example, they havn't had the best start in life, how were their parents meant to teach them to read if they could barely read themselves? but it's a good start, at least they were allowed in schools with other kids!
now their kids are just being born to these people, they will have a better start in life. gradually, slowly but surely a community, given the right support can elevate itself...

but why was this a good question? well, in some ways it was good because it's designed to polarize, it's a binary choice, did black people squander the trillions of money in aid that they were given, the question makes it sound like they took the money and spent it on drug or something!

or is it somehow still the white persons fault? -but how could it be the white guys fault, he already gave all the money he had, he already saw his kids not get a job because of affermative action.

what about a third option? what if the money was misspent? but not by the black community? what if soup kitchens and welfare wasn't what was needed? you'd need a breakdown to be sure, but percentage wise, how much was spent handing out free meals and free trainers, how much was spent giving people the mental tools, (and education) so that they could work and earn and get things themselves?

As for racism, its ugliest manifestation is in interracial crime, and especially interracial crimes of violence. Is Barack Obama aware that while white criminals choose black victims 3 percent of the time, black criminals choose white victims 45 percent of the time?
don't play numbers without giving the whole details, 40million in a country with 300 million population means that there is a minority percentage of black people, these same black people also make up the majority of poor people.

So, you want to rob a black person? you're going to need to look harder for a black person than you are a white person. (i.e, you're white, if you divide the population in only 1 way black/white then the most people that fall in the white group, then they make up the majority of the population, therefore statistically they are more likley to be victims of crime. (conversly they are also more likely to own a car or a house).

couple that with the fact that your smallest subset - the blacks are also the poorest and it's a pretty much no brain throught train...

I'm poor, I feel that the best way to provide for myself and my family is to steal, who should I steal from? (poor people who have very little stuff worth stealing? or rich people who have more money and more stuff worth stealing?)

Is Barack aware that black-on-white rapes are 100 times more common than the reverse, that black-on-white robberies were 139 times as common in the first three years of this decade as the reverse?
again, statistics actually look a little better when you consider the poulation distribution,

We have all heard ad nauseam from the Rev. Al about Tawana Brawley, the Duke rape case and Jena . And all turned out to be hoaxes. But about the epidemic of black assaults on whites that are real, we hear nothing.
don't know enough to comment on this.
Sorry, Barack, some of us have heard it all before, about 40 years and 40 trillion tax dollars ago.
you really think that you can change a couple of hundred years of slavery and opression and all the consquences of that in a few decades?
This needs to be passed around because,
this is a message everyone needs to hear!!!

message? I'm not sure as I saw the message? what I heard was a semi racist splurge of words, that paid no attention to the past, the consequences of the past, the way that social factors have worked, continue to work and will continue to work.

as I said above, I do find positive discrimination every bit as unpalletable as any other kind of discrimination, but what you;re looking at here is levelling the playing field, something that does need to be done.

you got a black president, Kudos America,
now when you have a statistically balanced population that'll be a level playing field.

that means that if black people make up 15% of the country, you'd expect that the rich list would be made up of 15% black people.

non-black people make up 85% of the population, you'd expect the numbers of people living in poverty of social depravation to make up simillar percentages.

i.e of the population of people living in poverty you;d expect 15% to be black, 85% to be non black, whereas currently it's probably about 50-50, or more likely more heavily weighted towards black people, (i.e if you took 100 random poor people you should expect only 15 to be black, you're probably more likely to find 50, or 60 black people in your random distribution).

in short, the playing fields aren't level, thus there probably still is a need for affirmative action.

P.s., I'm white

My best friend is a malado American, he serves his country in the military.
My good friend is going to my college, he also happens to be black.
My ex is black and is going to college for psychology.
My president is black.

I'm sorry to disappoint any black Americans out there who believe the white man is putting you down. But you can do every f***ing thing we can.

Take note that all my educated black friends all agree that people who go around saying the white man is putting anyone down are completely off their rocker.
In fact I actually don't have any uneducated friends, because uneducated people piss me off... but that is another story.

The point being that everyone is equal in America, no one is greater than anyone. Anyone who believes otherwise I encourage you to go outside, walk up a stranger, and begin to tell that person how you are superior.

Hell, I don't remember where I heard it, but I heard if the black community keeps growing at the rate it is. White Americans will no longer be the majority.

Also I have found that most black people don't like "African American"... Most of them are not even African let alone been to Africa.

Back
Top Bottom