T410 vs T510

masscc

Beta member
I want to buy a new notebook. I'm looking for something at 14/15 inches and would like to keep the price no higher than $900.
I like the Thinkpad series. Which one is better for T410 and T510?

It depends on what you really want from a laptop: High preformance Desktop Replacement. Or a high-mid preformance laptop with a long battery life. Generally, if you get the T510 with a 14 inch screen ,you might get both...

EDIT- the laptops are BOTH the same specs, but if you want to trade some style for a half hour of battery, get the T410.
btw - those are some sweet thinkpads...

T410 looks pretty good.

It is a little on the classic thinkpad style, looking a little like a T42 crossed with a T60, if you had one, you might have to TELL your friends you got a new one, because they, for the most part, all look the same...

I figure the only difference between the two beings the display screen size.
T510 is better.

I figure the only difference between the two beings the display screen size.
T510 is better.

This is the same reason I went with the 14.1" instead of the 15.5" laptop: 15" + lcd screens ussually draw more battery power, thus lower battery life, and the bigger the screen, the more common it is to get faulty/ dead pixils/ dead screen, and the don't last as long, which means repairs- Expensive repairs, because 15"+ can cost up to 20% more the a 14".

Unless your going to to sitt in a car/ desktop/ airplane, and fiddle with a laptop while on a trip, and you arn't going to be unplugged from power very long, go right ahead and you can have a perfect laptop, However:

If you spend a long time in conference rooms/ overseas flights/ carrying it constantly, that big screen is gonna cause issues. My gateway, and its 17" Behemouth causes a square bruise in my back, and I do it so common, it has worn a 17" hole in my backpack, and I have a semi immperession in my back from it.

So: Choose the screen size that is right for your personal life...

Back
Top Bottom