Zune HD vs. iPod Touch

According to Teny' comparison, although the overall performance of Zune is good, but market share is not as good as a iPod. If I want to buy a mp3 player, I will also chose iPod. It looks cooler

There can be an agrument here.

According to Teny' comparison, although the overall performance of Zune is good, but market share is not as good as a iPod. If I want to buy a mp3 player, I will also chose iPod. It looks cooler

I think the Zune HD looks better than the iPod Touch.

I disagree. While the first generation Zune was admittedly bulky and not very pretty, the second gen Zune was very solid and in some aspects it was a very refreshing design. I find this especially true with the Zune HD. It's design is very modern and almost industrial and it has a very clean cut look to it.

The whole iPod Touch with the curved and rounded edge look is starting to get old. Not that it's ugly by any means, it just doesn't look original anymore now that iPod design has remained more or less the same after all these generations.

I'm also leaning towards the Zune HD simply because of how Microsoft has handled itself in this category with the Zune player lineup, the Zune Software and the Zune player UI. They've been keeping a constant, updated and refreshing theme the whole way with the new Zune lineup (picking up from the infancy of the first gen player).

In comparison, Apple has actually started making mistakes with certain decisions such the iTunes App Store and charging their customers to simply upgrade their iPhone/iPod Touch OS, whereas people who buy brand new iPhones and Touches get the new OS free of charge. If Microsoft can offer their firmware updates free of charge across their entire catalog of Zune players (including first gen Zunes) and you have to resort to charging $10 for something similar, you're doing it wrong.

Also if i may add

i LOVE the radio feature on the Zune HDs, an the backlit screens to, so sharp to me.

but honestly?

i wouldnt ever buy any mp3 player that costs more then 50$ because if im watching a movie, it will be on my flat screen with 5.1 and a blu ray, and if im lisoning to music? I dont think i should pay 200$ just to do that lol. but thats my 2 cents...

Yeah, I've always thought it was archaic and backwards for Apple to not include an FM tuner in the iPod for the longest time ever. Extra FM tuner attachments for an extra cost? Wut?

I do love how the Zune HD has HD Radio as well. It's a pretty neat feature.

I do get your point though. The most I really use for an MP3 player is when I'm too lazy to burn a mix CD for my car. I rarely bring it to school now that I'm not in high school anymore and when I'm home I have my computer instead.

pretty much same here.

Since im not in High School, and not in College now. What would i use one for?

THOUGH on a different tangent.
MP3 disc players in cards are Amazing

I commute, so it's nice having a device that allows me to watch videos once in awhile whenever I feel like it. Then it seems like you have to pay over the $100 mark to get something that's bigger than 8GB (in stores at least).

I commute, so it's nice having a device that allows me to watch videos once in awhile whenever I feel like it. Then it seems like you have to pay over the $100 mark to get something that's bigger than 8GB (in stores at least).

your riding a bus and not driving right? lol

For me Zune wins if your into music, it has better quality and Zunes go higher in GB capcity. Ipod touch has apps on it side but thats about it

Back
Top Bottom