Messy Desktops

i like mien clean and simple, but i always fall into the trap of quickly saving stuff to the desktop, half the time i just cant be bothered to find the specific folder and just end up saving to desktop :p

The easy way to get round this is to set up the folders. It takes seconds lol.

I have DL folders for uTorrent, Chrome, Firefox, Opera, TPB, ect.

There's no excuse if you DL something in Chrome cause it sets up it's own DL folder, when you install Chrome, for you away from the desktop.

:)

All Sorted. I've turned over a new leaf ;)
vhswmc.jpg

LMAO, I emptied it (for the screenshot :D), then though.. hmm, I don't need some of these Icons, then took the screenshot - Wrong Order! :(

lol

I used to have half a screen full of stuff on my desktop before I ran a dual boot set up, one for studio use and the other for internet, and small monitors.

But still the same rule applied - they were only short-cuts to app's/programs, a few folders and my other hard drives.

Only short-cuts!

:)

I keep mine clean...maybe an icon or two, but that's it. I don't reformat regularly too.

I've got everything on my quick lunch bar, dock, and in specific folders within my My Documents directory. The only thing that goes on my desktop are priority or something that's temporary or hasn't been organized yet:
screenshot.png

I got motivated and took off everything but shortcuts to:

-Photoshop CS4
-Itunes
-Utorrent
-MS Office

it feels weird being able to see my background

Back
Top Bottom