Wii, PS3 or Xbox 360

I like the Wii, though I never actually used it until I did something to it.

Kind of, I just saw somebody posted today. I thought the over 30 days is more with the more congested place, so I thought it was okay.

My brother has one and it looks god awful on our HDTV.

Not bad in his bedroom on a squealing 19 inch CRT though.

The interface has potential. IDK why they can't make any games that utilize it fully though.

and idk.

A test between both consoles graphics shows that the 360 does have better graphics.

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6162742/

On a fun factor for groups its definetely the Wii.

If you dont have many friends and its just you playing then PS3.

But if you do have friends that play games conistently and with passion then its all about the 360.

I also need to add that the graphics in the comparison depend on the developer, not the hardware. The 360 fails at most games in even 720p (epic terrible framerates, just play bioshock) while the PS3 keeps them much higher consistently.

I have seen quite a few 360 games that I would deem unplayable because of terrible framerates. The 360 does have a more powerful GPU, so this problem clearly lies somewhere else in the system (possibly even its OS/firmware/whatever the game runs in) or maybe the fact that it has to go back to a DL-DVD to load (though I would think everything would exist in RAM by then... although the PC ports do crunch away at the HDD a lot. Maybe that is why.) versus the PS3 where the level is on a significantly faster hard drive.

My 82 cents (adjusted for inflation)

Most of my PS3 games usually load off the disc most of the time, and blu-ray read speed are really low.

I think only PC gamers notice frame drops on consoles.
I am currently playing FFXIII on the PS3, and I noticed some frame drops here and there when there is a lot of detail on 1080p. However, my friends state that they don't notice and frame drops (they aren't PC gamers).

The thing is that te ps3 games install what they need to the hdd, then load the rest off the disc. This system is vey efficient IMO, but it would get annoying if you had lots of games and a small hdd.

As far as the frame dips, I am not talking a dip here and there, the xbox runs the entire game at an unplayable framerate. The only game I ever tried playing on it was bioshock, and at least half the game looked like 20 fps or below. There were a couple points where it dipped to like 15, maybe even less. Basically, it was a slideshow, and also migraine-inducing.

I think for FFXIII, it loads some data onto the HDD as temporary storage, so it doesn't really install as the data is gone when I quit the game.
Most of the games I played for the 360 ran fine. I would get a 360 again, but I don't want to pay for LIVE.

The only system where I don't notice and frame drops is the Wii.

Xbox 360 catch fire a lot quicker (believe me, they do!), they also sit in the corner of your room making a racket. In my opinion, they are too loud, as I can here it over the noise of CoD. :D

i generally like the ps3, it has 12 cores so thats quite top imo :) also it has the best ati out of the 3 :p Also ps3 has free online were as 360 you have to pay which i think is completely crap as ps3, wii and obviously pc are all free

Back
Top Bottom