Have I been hacked?

shadygirl420

In Runtime
Well I just noticed this today as I was getting some pictures from google images. I looked over at my network folder thing and it had like 7 other computers in it! I dont understand where they came from at all. I'm no longer using a router, since this is the only computer in the house we are using, so my connection come straight from my satellite the back of my computer, im running windows 7, and Nortons Internet Security 2010. I just went to my settings under networks and turned off file sharing and such, I just didnt think anyone could get into my computer if I didnt have a router. I really hate to do another clean install, but if I have to I will. Please leave your thoughts on this, I have tried google but everyone with my problem is on a router. thanks guys.

If you're not connected to a VPN then it's possible windows is still holding settings over from when you did have a network - I've seen that more than once.

No don't reformat!
You are perfectly fine, those are just end hosts your computer can see.
Your router most likely had a firewall, which blocked this hosts from being visible. Now that you are no longer using it, you can see him.
Don't panic, they probably can not connect to you unless you are sharing any windows folders.

Also, sometimes these hosts can be some of your ISP's topology(network).

If you are still nervous:
Restart your computer.
Open up command prompt.
Type: netstat
Right click -> select all -> right click (should automatically copy)
And paste that here.

No don't reformat!
You are perfectly fine, those are just end hosts your computer can see.
Your router most likely had a firewall, which blocked this hosts from being visible. Now that you are no longer using it, you can see him.
Don't panic, they probably can not connect to you unless you are sharing any windows folders.

Also, sometimes these hosts can be some of your ISP's topology(network).

If you are still nervous:
Restart your computer.
Open up command prompt.
Type: netstat
Right click -> select all -> right click (should automatically copy)
And paste that here.

Thanks so much! I was thinking it might be something like that, just wasnt sure. Again thanks for the reassurance.

Back
Top Bottom