Asus Vs. Dell?

game45165

Solid State Member
I've got in touch with someone here about these laptops, but I was wondering if I could get some other peoples opinion on Dell.

As of right now I have two specific laptops I'm looking at, the Asus Ul80-vt, and the Dell Studio 14. I've found pro's and con's about each, but what I would like is some opinions regarding Dell's laptops. After doing some research, it was apparent that many people have problems with Dell's keyboard flexing too much, as well as some track pad issues. Are these issues really as frequent as I hear? Because if that is the case I might go with the Asus UL80, if not, I'll just go with Dell.
Thanks.

I'd go with Asus laptops over Dell almost every time. Not that dell is "garbage", but Asus holds a high standard. Go Asus

I have seen more Dell laptops fry than you can possibly imagine. Trust me, they're garbage. My old school had 30 of them, and there were always about 5 out of service.

Wow haha, well it's offical, I'll get an Asus.
One more question? how do you guys feel about the Ul80?

Give a link with full specs. There are a lot of computers branded UL80.

How much will it cost you? I saw an awesome deal on an ASUS laptop the other day on geeks.com.

Its actually cheaper at buy.com now... http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=211057649&listingid=74803567

I own an ASUS refurb. It's worked fine for me, and every review I have found (trusted reviews) said there were no problems with theirs.

One thing I can say about Dell laptops is that the service manuals are not only really good, but actually available. A lot of laptop manufacturers won't provide service manuals to end users (I'm not sure about Asus), but Dell certainly does.

I have seen more Dell laptops fry than you can possibly imagine. Trust me, they're garbage. My old school had 30 of them, and there were always about 5 out of service.

Put 30 of any brand laptops in kids hands and you will always have about 5 out of service.

I would pick Asus as well though.

Back
Top Bottom