Random Chit Chat

Anyone ever used one of those pcb kitsmfrom radioshack where you print the traces out with a laser printer and iron them onto it, then put the board in acid? I was looking at one for a project, and it looks quite nice if it works well. I have an old apple laser printer in the garage that I could use for it assuming toner does not expire/degrade/whatever (srry I have only used inkjets)

I hope my local radioshack Is ready for an invasion. I need about 40 different parts. Lol.

Yeah but I find, around here at least, they dont have as much stuff as far as basic components like LED's and transistors and such as radio shack used to. And what they do it horribly overpriced

Mine is actually discounting their electical components lately. I think they are trying to clear them out.

Yay... I am stuck at this crawfish boil with a bunch of people I don't know for the next two hours.

Just tried Ubuntu 10.04 release candidate. Definitely not liking it here on my end. Doesn't detect atheros wireless out of the box unlike the previous versions. Oh and the screen keeps turning off and not coming back on. Not a hardware malfunction. So I can't use the OS anyway. I'm still waiting on Debian to finish downloading. If you got torrents, SEED!!! lol.

Just tried Ubuntu 10.04 release candidate. Definitely not liking it here on my end. Doesn't detect atheros wireless out of the box unlike the previous versions. Oh and the screen keeps turning off and not coming back on. Not a hardware malfunction. So I can't use the OS anyway. I'm still waiting on Debian to finish downloading. If you got torrents, SEED!!! lol.

Debian 5 or 6? I prefer 5 personally, but maybe because I am so used to it. Ubuntu is becoming more and more of a failure lately. It's a shame.

Epic new project

EDIT: BTW, Lego, your PM inbox is full.

I like linux mint personally I don't need to hunt down and install all the codecs for audio and video they come already there same with flash. I have ubuntu 10.04 rc in a virtual machine and am trying it out I think it's alright but we'll have to see once it comes out in final and I test it on an actual computer. The issues you guys are mentioning with ubuntu are probably due to it still having bugs since it is pre release. I don't see why something would work in an older version but not a new version at least with ubuntu or linux in general.
They don't f*** you over the way microsoft does. I have hardware that I cannot even use in windows anymore that works just fine in ubuntu 9.10 (and hopefully 10.04) and LM such as my logitech quickcam messenger from 2003 which logitech dropped support for in vista and 7. I can't find the driver for xp either anymore but not like that matters. And my sony clie PDA which sony doesn't support anymore.

I like linux mint personally I don't need to hunt down and install all the codecs for audio and video they come already there same with flash. I have ubuntu 10.04 rc in a virtual machine and am trying it out I think it's alright but we'll have to see once it comes out in final and I test it on an actual computer. The issues you guys are mentioning with ubuntu are probably due to it still having bugs since it is pre release. I don't see why something would work in an older version but not a new version at least with ubuntu or linux in general.
They don't f*** you over the way microsoft does. I have hardware that I cannot even use in windows anymore that works just fine in ubuntu 9.10 (and hopefully 10.04) and LM such as my logitech quickcam messenger from 2003 which logitech dropped support for in vista and 7. I can't find the driver for xp either anymore but not like that matters. And my sony clie PDA which sony doesn't support anymore.

Debian runs on my ancient 500MHz AMD system (i forget which cpu model) with 64MB RAM and a 3DFX Banshee GPU. There is no way in hell I would get ubuntu to even boot on it. Also, it is just ubuntu afaik where you have to hunt down the codecs. Debian 5 came with them for sure, and I am pretty sure debian 6 does.

Debian 5 or 6? I prefer 5 personally, but maybe because I am so used to it. Ubuntu is becoming more and more of a failure lately. It's a shame.

EDIT: BTW, Lego, your PM inbox is full.
Debian 5.

Yeah, I know. I've been cleaning out my inbox.

And my sony clie PDA which sony doesn't support anymore.
OMG! A Clie user. By any chance are you a member of 1src.com?

Back
Top Bottom