South Park: Episode 201

So, Wednesday night is always the new night for the South Park episodes. I typically don't watch the premier one at 9:30 because it conflicts with another show I watch. I always set my DVR to record the 12:30 showing of it instead.

Well I woke up this morning and went to watch it and it was the facebook episode from a few weeks ago. I was like WTF is this and figured the network messed up the program description. So, I decided to catch it tonight as another repeat but it turned out to be the same freaking facebook episode again.

I decide to go to Comedy Central and stream it and I see a message about something needing to be edited and it wasn't available for stream. What a freaking joke!

And they wonder why people torrent stuff.... I can't wait to see what was so bad that the TV executives had to pull the episode so they could re-edit it.

They had Mohammed in it, and the guy who played his voice ( he said two words!!!) got killed because of it.

This is what I heard.

Edit: after googling, it seems that it is death threats, the guy was not killed. Why can they depict god as a blue hippo thing, and nobody gives a damn, but the second Mohammed pops up, it's death threats. It's ridiculous.

I agree with you. What ever happened to our freedom of speech? If death threats happened there should have been some type of police interventions. I just watched the episode and every mention of Mohammed was beeped out as well as the final 2 minutes or so when Kyle does his speech at the end of the show.

At least I still have the first part saved on my DVR. It's funny because that episode has nothing censored as far as when they say his name. Comedy Central has even removed the initial Super Best Friends episode where they show Mohammed.

What people need to do is make a bunch of Mohammed spoofs on youtube to show these radical groups that we don't give a F...!

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;1029161 said:
Watch the 4-22 episode 1562 of the daily show with Jon Stewart. He just schooled that group!

Lol any way I can do this on an iPhone? Apple disabled flash for me again.

South park is kinda asking for this type of thing though. Not that I am against free speech or anything, but I cannot stand the show anymore. It just pisses me off in so many ways that I cannot even describe it.

I'm in two minds about southpark...

when they make reactive episodes that really absolutely capture the moment then they are awesome. think about the scientology episode, the world of warcraft one, the episode that was released after Obama won, parodying both the election campaigns, the mood amongst voters and a film into the bargin, that was pretty awesome...

on the other hand, a lot of the time it really feels like some of the episodes are just filler, set out to just offend, not even in a particularly funny way...

I guess southpark are known for pushing the envelope so to speak, you can say that some things should not be parodied, but they've done most things.

I mean think about the NAMBLA episode, they take a serious issue and make fun of it...

I can't really think of a serious issue that they've left alone...

what I would say is that like it or not, depicting the prophet mohammed IS an offence to muslim people, and it shouldn't be done.

It's really not OK to cause offence to an entire faith of people like that. and at the end of the day I can't see where the value of the humour is in it. I did a little googling and found most of the episode on youtube, it really seems that the whole prophet mohammed thing is a bit of a side story that they've tried to make into more of the story, they could have done without it...

I mean I can understand why they needed a side story, the whole thing about cartman finding out who his dad is wouldn't have stood up on it's own as an episode again. but in my opinion, they picked the wrong side story.... it could have been anything.

in the family guy episode [of southpark] it was a bit of a laugh, they made the episode about mocking family guy, the mention of mohammed was just that, only a mention, but in this one it's forming 50% of the story... for no good reason.

I don't know, I'm in two minds, when I think of the episodes that have really captured the moment, the feel and been incredibly funny, when I think about the team america film, I end up thinking that parer and stone are a pretty genius duo, they really capture the spirit of the times and provide excelent social and political parody in the form of thier cartoons...

when I think about the early episodes of southpark that were about gay dogs, anal probes and aliens, with a sex obsessed school chef, then I think that they were about some cheap laughs.

when I think about the episodes like 14-06/201, then I have to say that I think that they're just about causing offence to people in a less than funny way.

I love to catch the episodes that are 'mint' but to be honest, I feel that's been less than 20%, possibly even les than 10% of their total output, so I'm not going to sit down everyweek to watch it... but if I hear about an episode either from a friend, or from the internet that was particularly good, or particularly funny then I will take time to seek out the episode and watch it.

Personally I find it kind of BS that they edited it, only when they get a death threat.
But all the Canadian, Jewish, mentally challenged, Gay, and Christian jokes over the years have been let go. Even though they have offended many.

I think it shows that they are not "big bad and tough" group lots of people believe they are.

Being a Christian, having two mentally challenged brothers, and a supporter of gay people I find the show rather offensive. Funny at times, but mostly offensive.

Back
Top Bottom