mozilla thunderbird?

It's Mozilla's email application, similar to MS's Outlook Express (but better)....lol

I use it and I'm sure a lot of other people on the forum do too. Probably mostly the die hard Firefox users.

Give it a try, I'm sure you'll like it.

If you decide to install it, install Mozilla Lightning as well if you want calendar/scheduling functionality.

I love Thunderbird, I use it on all my computers.
It makes it nice and easy to grab your email fast.
It loads up way faster than any other email client I have used.

but what i don't understand is:

t-bird isn't an email (like gmail/yahoo etc) right? it's something you use to manage your email accounts or something?

t-bird isn't an email (like gmail/yahoo etc) right? it's something you use to manage your email accounts or something?
correct. it's like microsoft outlook [express], you just use it to read/send emails and manage contacts.

can you use it with any kind of email, can you mix and match (like have gmail, yahoo etc at the same time)?

does it notify you when you get new mail?

thanks man

It notifes you for new e-mails, yes. And mixed accounts is also a yes. Thunderbird 3 even has an auto-detect and setup for e-mail adresses that uses POP or IMAP.

No, it's not web based, it's a program you download to your computer. You can set it up to receive emails from all different email accounts.

If I use Thunderbird to retrieve emails does it delete them from my Virgin Media email or can I still go into VM email to read them?

This is why I quickly stopped using MS Outlook.

Back
Top Bottom