To the members reporting

If you have other posts to report at the same time you could copy and paste the link in the report box and just add "you may want to check this one also". Quick and nasty way to get around having to wait.

This works if you know of the other spam before hand. But I know that I personally don't have this happen often.
(knowing of other spam at the time of report spam)

But also, I would like to take the time to thank all the mods for doing what work they put into this forum. I know that you often will have to deal s*** you probably don't want to.
So, Thank You.

^^They could do that if they knew it existed but that's not always the case.

Tommy did bring it up in staff so we looking at what we can do.

I like the idea of captcha but I think it'd become a little annoying for some of you older members. What I think would be best is guru's have no time limit or captcha, members have a five minute wait, and anyone under 500 posts have a five minute wait + captcha.

Before I catch flack for still wainting limit I want to explain how I currently understand things. It is my impression that your five minute (or six minute) delay for reporting is tied into any delays on PM'ing people and I don't want any liberties given to the proven members to be exploited by a spammer.

^^They could do that if they knew it existed but that's not always the case.

Tommy did bring it up in staff so we looking at what we can do.

I like the idea of captcha but I think it'd become a little annoying for some of you older members. What I think would be best is guru's have no time limit or captcha, members have a five minute wait, and anyone under 500 posts have a five minute wait + captcha.

Before I catch flack for still wainting limit I want to explain how I currently understand things. It is my impression that your five minute (or six minute) delay for reporting is tied into any delays on PM'ing people and I don't want any liberties given to the proven members to be exploited by a spammer.
I agree, we definitely don't want spamming via PM to become an issue, so I think there should still be a time limit. Maybe 2 mins? That could be pretty manageable for members.

What do you guys think?

Oh and Celegorm, I've been to forums that have a captcha for everything, even searching the forum. I'm not sure if our version of VB has that capability though.

Back
Top Bottom