So, a few months ago I was put on a temporary lay off from my job. It was only supposed to be 4-6 weeks. Well, it's now been 8 weeks since I've gotten laid off. In this time I've applied to quite a few different companies.

About 4 weeks ago I was contacted from one of those companies to schedule an interview. I spoke with the owner of the company over the phone which lasted almost 2 hours. After this I've had 2 more interviews with some of the other managers to discuss things.

Last week I had received an email asking me what my salary requirements would be. I tried to dodge the question by telling them my salary was negotiable and that I'd be open. I couldn't get them to give the first figure. Yesterday I got an email stating that they would need my salary requirements to continue with everything so neither party would be wasting each others time. So I gave in and replied back with a salary range I'd accept.

Today I got an email back from them to schedule a 4th interview to discuss the position in detail and my qualifications. I've already got a great re pour with the owner and other managers after the 3 interviews. I'm kind of taking this as a good sign because I've already had 3 interviews and I've specified my requirements and they still want to discuss things with me. I'm thinking this will be the final negotiations for the job! What do you guys think?

For reference I'd actually be telecommuting to work. I'm not going to say what website it is for at this time but if I get the job I'd be managing there E-Commerce store, Content management, writing product reviews and tech support via tickets and a Cisco phone. Job includes Salary, Vacation, 401K, Paid holidays and Health/Eye/Dental insurances. As a perk I'd also get the latest tech toys to play with and evaluate for site review purposes. It's also Mon-Fri 9-5:30 :D

Wish me luck ;)

Good luck, and it looks positive, by the way you're telling us! I wish I'd be in a situation like yours...

Seems im in the same position as you Absynth ;)

but Good luck to you!

Hope you get it.

its always great to know you have a steady flow of income.

Good luck man!

For the salary question, what I was told to do when that question comes up in an interview, is to know what people of a similar position are making, and say that.

images

Back
Top Bottom