Mt. Eyjafjallajökull is erupting again.

foothead

Omnicide now.
I was just listening to the radio and they said that Mt. Eyjafjallajökull (lol) in Iceland is erupting once again, and that the ash is making its way to the US. I believe that it is erupting, but is the ash really going to make it to the US like they say?

Volcanic ash will go quite far, IIRC. Hopefully no planes get grounded.

I lol'd at the title, BTW. I thought it was a joke.

I literally started reading it and this is what I said in my head "Mt. Eyja.....AH F*** YOU!" and then clicked in. Haha.

Lol i'm surprised y'all haven't seen the name printed in the newspaper or something.

According to fox (before it started eruptinga again) the ash cloud was gonna make it to newfoundland, so I can only assume that it will just spread further now.

It was heading towards us, but it turned elsewhere. From what I heard, a volcano can be active for years even...

I haven't heard anything about it coming here, but it wouldn't surprise me. There are old legends from the days of sumer that a volcano blotted out all of the world (that they knew of).

Volcanic ash will go quite far, IIRC. Hopefully no planes get grounded.
They all are here! The admin people next to where I work are going absolutely crazy trying to get everyone back (I work in a very large organisation that generally has lots of people abroad on business trips at any one time.)

Apparently British airspace should open at 1 tomorrow morning. Then again, they've been saying that for the last few days and keep on extending it - so I'm not at all convinced!

Back
Top Bottom