Random Chit Chat

I hate games like SF. I just hate button press games like that. Yeah yeah, I'm sure it takes some skill, but it just does not appeal to me whatsoever. Then again, I really hate all super uber fiction games.
A lot of my friends and family doesn't have an interest in fighting games. Like, they will play it once in awhile, but they won't buy or rent it. The only person I know that will play with me is my brother, and he can beat me pretty easily as he play with his friends a lot, so he had more practice.

Gonna be without my baby for up to 2 weeks :F.
Two weeks is long. Let me guess, when you get your replacement, that's when you will get an higher Max FPS in Furmark 1.8?

Told my cousin that my computer is awesome now, and he said I don't need that much power. Do I sense jealousy? :p

Look closely:

AutoFocus pwned me, but I tried to get it to focus on the GPU.

P1010191-1.jpg

I can make it out.

Thats BS nVidia! They have to replace that for you.

They just released a debut trailer for Marvel vs Capcom 3. Seems like fighting games are starting to pick up again.

Two weeks is long. Let me guess, when you get your replacement, that's when you will get an higher Max FPS in Furmark 1.8?

A flat surface means I can put on the water block, putting on the water block means cooler temperatures, cooler temperatures means: Volt mods, higher clocks, CUDA core/SM unlocks. This is all by way of answering your question: "Yes".

Did downclock the GTX 470 when you did the Furmark?

Oh snap! SSFIV just seems more and more awesome!!!! I gotta find some friends that's going to play SSFIV.

No. I left it at the clocks Evga sent the card with. But, I was held back from getting the score I probably can get with a few minor tweaks.

http://www.tweaktown.com/articles/3204/nvidia_geforce_gtx_470_video_card_overclocked/index13.html

And that is at ~700 core with no volt mod. A simple volt tweak on BIOS can get you to:

gtx470ocfinal.png

@Foothead

Why does nvidia even put the ihs? It makes no sense to me, seems like they would get better heat transfer if the heatpipes sat directly on the chip.

Using an IHS reduces potential damage to small transistors surrounding the GPU. Happened all the time on, even cards like the GTS250...Trying to apply thermal compound, hand slips, card slips...whatever the case may be...you knock a transistor off. Etc, etc.

Speaking of the above, I read a post the other day (not sure where, but wasn't here). A guy was going to change the compound on his 470, but a screw was stripped. He went and grabbed the pliers, but they slipped off and took out a transistor. He fixed it, but I still lol'd at such a failure. I would an hero :|

Back
Top Bottom