Crysis not running smoothly

kevinbreault39

Baseband Member
Hello, my computer is brand new, and i just picked up crysis.
When i run multiplayer, the game is "unplayable" in Extra high and high graphics modes, although when you "detect optimum settings", it sets them to high.
So i have to play at the medium setting, and still i get this type of... "loading lag" that happens every now and then.
Especially at the high and extra high settings, this is what it is doing, this "loading lag" thing.
If it helps, i could post a video with the program fraps perhaps?
Please, someone tell me whats going on! My computer should be able to run this, smoothly.
Here are my specs.
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (OC to 3.1ghz)
9 GB DDR3 Memory 1336mhz
Motherboard Manufacturer: Alienware
2 X NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 in SLI
1TB HDD
Windows 7

This only happens with multiplayer? What is your up/down speed and ping?

What video drivers are you using?

Edit: when there is loading lag, Is the hdd usage light on for a significant amount of time?

Could it be the game by chance? I have no clue...although Crysis is a heavy game. Your pc is way over the specs for it.

Could it be the game by chance? I have no clue...although Crysis is a heavy game. Your pc is way over the specs for it.

It is an alienware, which tends to skimp on whatever parts will not be advertised. This is currently leading me to believe that the hard drive is possibly incredibly slow, which would also account for why it only slows down when it loads. Op: feel like opening it up and getting a model number off the drive or running hdtune?

i am not by my computer at the moment, but i can tell you this:
i have tried using 1 GPU (non sli mode) and it still has the same problem
i am getting around 50-60 FPS, and then it will just slow right down and do this "loading lag" type of thing, and this is in single player.
In multiplayer, it is even worse however.
I will join a game, see a player, and it will slow right down, and then i will be dead once it comes back to its senses.
The HDD is suppose to be a 7200RPM 32MB cache HDD
I know my video drivers have a update out for them, and crysis does as well, but neither of them will install (i get errors every time i try) and that is a issue as well.
Another thing is, when i play crysis wars, which is basically the same game, i do not get any lag at all... which leads me to believe i need to install the update for crysis.

Which version of Nvidia's drivers are you sporting? I know their latest batch of drivers are just sucking. 197.41 is the best set of drivers I've gotten from Nvidia since 189.xx

^^^ Was thinking the same thing. Did you install the patches as well or are you just playing it out of the box???

Back
Top Bottom