All Things Apple

Hmm, if people want to use Flash; I don't see why they don't include it. So what if it damages battery life. If someone wants to view a webpage they can't, because they don't have Flash; it'd ruin the experience.

Every site I use, for example ones to catch up on TV programs, need Flash to run

There is also a hack that webmasters can apply which forces flash to run within java, so it can run on iPhones. I have found a couple of sites that use it, but not very many, because it is not very efficient.

Wait a minute, I just realized something. Is there still no effing radio in this thing?!

LOL.... I saw this on news.cnet.com a couple days ago. They have this same 'Apple requests it back' article on there today.

Battery life shouldnt be the only factor limiting features such as flash , it should be up to the user if they would like to view flash sites at the risk of severely depleting there battery life , for instance i know that having a wi-fi, gps ,bluetooth and high brightness settings on my android powered T mobile G1 will absoloutly kill the battery life so i switch them off when not needed or when i know i need to save battery life

Flash is complete garbage. HTML5 will completely replace flash on most sites within the next year largely thanks to the iPad.

I had "Flash" installed on a couple of browsers for my HTC 8925. It was simply painful to use. Sure I could watch some sites that the iPhone couldn't but the point is I never even wanted to because of how crappy it was implemented.

As for the phone itself I'm not really impressed. I know they couldn't release specific features but I'm not happy about the same screen size. I was hoping they'd up the game to at least a 4" screen. Speculation is that the new one is OLED though because of the blue tint to it.

You know that that is just Steve lying to you, right? Flash does not have a significant impact on battery life, nowhere near 90%. he just said it to cover his own ass because everyone is getting so pissed at him for not allowing adobe to develop for iPhone.

"Everyone"?

You do realize that the people that are crying about the lack of flash are the minority. Most users aren't ultra tech people and are happy with applications to take care of there video needs.

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;1028459 said:
Flash is complete garbage. HTML5 will completely replace flash on most sites within the next year largely thanks to the i pad
However until then theres still a lot of users without access to flash based services on there phone , personally wether the implementation is crap or not i would still have given people the option to use flash on the i phone

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;1028459 said:
"Everyone"?

You do realize that the people that are crying about the lack of flash are the minority. Most users aren't ultra tech people and are happy with applications to take care of there video needs.

Now thats very true , you dont find many ultra tech people stupid enough to buy into apples marketing and actually get an i phone i think most of them would regard it as an inferior device to the likes of some other phones/phone os systems

Just go with Android, they have many roms to choice from allowing you to do anything. Why be restricted...

...because in this case, restriction works. It filters out all the bad applications and allows some sort of quality control. Back when I had Windows Mobile, applications were always a mixed bag.

Back
Top Bottom