Touch Panel

if you want one for shortcuts

im getting a 7" touch screen monitor which is about the £160 mark. i'll be using it just for my shortcuts but with a stylus pen im sure you can use it for itunes as well.

if you want one for shortcuts

im getting a 7" touch screen monitor which is about the £160 mark. i'll be using it just for my shortcuts but with a stylus pen im sure you can use it for itunes as well.

Got to ask why...

Touchscreens are cool and all, but they just are not practical on desktops.

its practical for me, as we speak i have 4 apps open on my first monitor and 9 on another, all are being used. so if i want another app i can just poke the shortcut on the 7" monitor

But get a real monitor. for that price, you could get another full-size one, which could have a lot more than one window open.

The 7 inch usb monitor is pretty much a gimmick. The only real application I see for them is modding.

as i said, its only for shortcuts, and im getting a 3rd monitor when i get my desktop build finished, but still want one for shortcuts and my desk's like a meter long so i have the room especaily with one monitor wall mounted lol.

back on thread.

virtual village is a good place to buy, i brought some stuff from them before and was delivered from japan to the uk very fast actually, was a week ahead of what i expeted and pretty good cust services

i'll be getting my 15" touch panel from them (all be it on thier ebay store) and another 19" widescreen one from ireland as VV's 19's are 19.1" and just over 16:9

Got to ask why...

Touchscreens are cool and all, but they just are not practical on desktops.

They are, but you really have to have it positioned right. If it's vertical and in front of you, it won't be useful, but if it's laid back at a ~45 degree angle, it becomes much more comfortable to work with.

However, I wouldn't consider it useful unless it's a multi-touch screen that Windows actually sees as a touchscreen. That opens up a lot of really cool ways to navigate your OS. A single point kit that is essentially another mouse isn't very useful at all, IMO, unless you're using it for presentations or something, like a Smartboard.

even at a 45 degree angle, it is awkward and stressful. All this touchscreen stuff is just so gimmicky imo. It's like the clear OLED monitors you see in movies. Nobody would really want to use that for extended periods of time, but it looks cool.

I should have expanded on that a bit...it needs to be laid back, but it needs to be in front of the usual position as well. Just above the keyboard would be good, ideally at less that a 45 degree angle. If you have to reach out for it or bend your wrists back, there's a problem.

It needs to be kind of like the bottom screen on the monster below, but overlapping the keyboard on top. The keyboard needs to be lower and not tilted forward like that...
092208_dlincdeathstar_01.jpg

I understood what you said, but to be comfortable, it needs to basically be in your lap or where the keyboard should be, and it needs to be at 20 degrees or less. Any more causes arm cramps with extended use.

I have tested this with my 8.9 inch touchscreen Eee tablet.

Back
Top Bottom