Build info

tj107us1

In Runtime
I going to build an gaming pc and here are the hardware i thinking to put in it. Wanted to see what ya'll thought:

COOLER MASTER HAF 932 Blue RC-932-KKN3-GP Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case.....$169.99

Intel Core i5 660 Processor BX80616I5660 - 3.33GHz, LGA 1156, 4MB L3 Cache, Dual-Core, Built-in Graphics Core, Retail Processor with Fan.......$209.99

Asus P7P55D Motherboard - Intel P55, Socket LGA1156, CrossFireX Ready, 2133MHz DDR3 Support........$149.99

Lite-On IHAS124-04 Internal DVD Writer - DVD+R 24X, DVD-R 24X, DVD+RW 8X, DVD-RW 6X, DVD+R DL 8X, SATA (OEM) .......$24.99

EVGA 512-P3-N871-AR GeForce 9800 GTX+ Video Card - 512MB GDDR3, PCI Express 2.0, SLI Ready, (Dual Link) Dual DVI, HDTV.....$134.99

XION Power Real 1000W ATX Power Supply.....$104.99

Corsair XMS3 Tri Channel 6GB PC10666 DDR3 Memory - 1333MHz, 6144MB....$204.99

Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium PCIe Sound Card....$89.99

Western Digital WD20EARS Caviar Green Hard Drive - 2TB, 3.5", SATA-3G.......$139.99

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64BIT Operating System Software - OEM DVD, English.....$109.99

Ummmmm no. Build this.

Phenom ii 955
Msi 790fx-gd70
Hd 5850 1gb (get an asus, visiontek, or his and flash to asus 5870 bios)
Corsair 650w psu
Seagate 7200.12
Onboard sound is fine for most people, or the sound built into your gpu is really good.
W7 oem
W/e dvd burner
G skill ripjaws 4gb ddr3 1600

This will destroy it. Sorry for no links, i am on my iphone.

hey foothead will you tell the reason you said no, just so ill know. Want to learn everything i can.

thanks
tj

hey foothead will you tell the reason you said no, just so ill know. Want to learn everything i can.

thanks
tj

well ill tell you for one reason, the I5 is more expensive and yet not as suited for gaming as the AMD phenom II is. the AMD is cheaper and is better for gaming. I5 is a waste.

what kind of intel processor can i get that would be for gaming?

do you hate AMD for some reason? lol.

buy any intel you want. youll just end up spending more money on the same experience. intel pulls ahead of AMD only when it comes to heavy duty multitasking and media encoding.

oh yea and whatever you do, do not buy a xion power supply. they might look cool, but theyre VERY cheaply built and could (and have) damage your PC components.

buy a Corsair power supply and you will be VERY happy and it will last you a long time

do you hate AMD for some reason? lol.

buy any intel you want. youll just end up spending more money on the same experience. intel pulls ahead of AMD only when it comes to heavy duty multitasking and media encoding.

oh yea and whatever you do, do not buy a xion power supply. they might look cool, but theyre VERY cheaply built and could (and have) damage your PC components.

buy a Corsair power supply and you will be VERY happy and it will last you a long time

Very good answer. For gaming, the phenom II will perform the about the same as the i5 you posted, while saving some money and giving you a better platform. With a 9800 gtx +, your system will perform pretty badly no matter what cpu you get though. Get one of the 5850s i posted and flash to asus 5870 bios. I'll help you do this when you have the card, in case you do not know how. You will end up with a 5850 running at 5870 clocks, which will perform within 5-10% of a true 5870, which should be about 2.5-3 times the performance of the 9800gtx+.

Very good answer. For gaming, the phenom II will perform the about the same as the i5 you posted, while saving some money and giving you a better platform. With a 9800 gtx +, your system will perform pretty badly no matter what cpu you get though. Get one of the 5850s i posted and flash to asus 5870 bios. I'll help you do this when you have the card, in case you do not know how. You will end up with a 5850 running at 5870 clocks, which will perform within 5-10% of a true 5870, which should be about 2.5-3 times the performance of the 9800gtx+.

^ yup good advice on the video card. and flashing the BIOS sounds scary but i had to do it on my 5970 and it was so easy that i thought i did something wrong. lol.

Ok thanks for all the info. The reason i was looking for an Intel processor is because all of the Intels ive have has been very good, and i had one AMD processor and it wouldn't play a game for nothing, but course it was a sucky computer anyway. It had a 1.6 Ghz AMD procesor, 128Mb of ram and i uped it to 518Mb, 60G HD. So it could been just the computer. My laptop has a Intel and it runs the games i have really good with no freeze ups, but do want to burn it up cause laptops aint made for gaming.

Back
Top Bottom