Building Question

tj107us1

In Runtime
Im thinking about building a gaming computer, and im kind of new to this so im trying to do my research and find out all i can. My question is, when i install all of the hardware in the computer case and fire it up for the first time will it automaticlly go into BIOS or do i have to some how program it to go into BIOS? I have installed a new hard drive in a laptop and loaded Win. 7 in it. Will loading Win. 7 in the gaming pc be the same way? Would all i have to do is change the loading order so BIOS starts the CD rom first, and then restart the computer then it should load it automatically like the laptop....right? Thanks for any help!!!

Jacob

Im thinking about building a gaming computer, and im kind of new to this so im trying to do my research and find out all i can. My question is, when i install all of the hardware in the computer case and fire it up for the first time will it automaticlly go into BIOS or do i have to some how program it to go into BIOS? I have installed a new hard drive in a laptop and loaded Win. 7 in it. Will loading Win. 7 in the gaming pc be the same way? Would all i have to do is change the loading order so BIOS starts the CD rom first, and then restart the computer then it should load it automatically like the laptop....right? Thanks for any help!!!

Jacob

It won't automatically go into BIOS. You'll have to press the appropriate key when starting the machine (usually DEL or F2, but look in the manual that came with the motherboard to be sure). And yes, installing Windows 7 on your new build should be really similar to the way you installed it on your laptop.

thats what id thought, but wanted to ask to be sure. Like they aways say "never assume anything".

It won't automatically go into BIOS. You'll have to press the appropriate key when starting the machine (usually DEL or F2, but look in the manual that came with the motherboard to be sure). And yes, installing Windows 7 on your new build should be really similar to the way you installed it on your laptop.

? It will automatically go into BIOS, but not setup. Setup is typically not necessary, just hit whatever key to load defailts when prompted, and you should be okay.

Hi,
IF CD is not detected automatically, you have to re-set BIOS configuration.
Press Del or F10 (depends) when the system starts and then set the Boot Priority.
Here make sure, CD drive is before Hard drive.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom