Random Chit Chat

If anyone here has a borders bookstore, they are clearing out all electronics except ebook readers. I just got a new sony turntable for $50 (not the greatest, but it has a usb preamp which does better than my sound card) and a sansa clip for $10. I almost bought a slingbox too, but why does it cost $30 to be able to use it on an iphone?

On another note, my brother wants to trade me his 5770 for my 9800gtx+ so he can have physx and 3d vision. I think I'm gonna have to give him the 9600 gso too so I don't feel guilty.

Woot, my arcade stick got shipped. Said it should arrive here on Wednesday.

If anyone here has a borders bookstore, they are clearing out all electronics except ebook readers. I just got a new sony turntable for $50 (not the greatest, but it has a usb preamp which does better than my sound card) and a sansa clip for $10. I almost bought a slingbox too, but why does it cost $30 to be able to use it on an iphone?

I'll check that out, maybe.

Lol oh yeah, and i got this hilarious thing for $20 at tuesday morning. i.engadget.com/2007/01/18/nascar-themed-track-vac-runs-circles-around-dirt/

The best part is that it actually works. Well. I just bought it because it was so random.

Apparently it retail'd for $279.99 in its time :O

Lol i know. I bet half of that was licenses to nascar though.

Lol tuesday morning was having a 1/2 off clearance sale this weekend, and I bought all kinds of random stuff. They had some $250 linx audio headphones for $30 too. I bought a pair, and then my dad buys three of them for some reason. Idk what his logic was there. He also bought two aero gardens, a kitchen cart/rack thing, pool balls, four pool cues, a set of pool accessories, and a lot more random stuff that I can't even think of right now.

Keep in mind that we do not have a pool table. Apparently my new "mission" is to either find him plans to build one, or to find an 8 ft slate table for $400.

:confused: Pool tables simply can not be made very well without professional/industrials tools. ITALIANS build them for crying out loud. That means you need 7 years of law school to even get an idea of where to start.

My dad is actually extremely good at building furniture. We even have some massive marble slabs to use for the play surface. And he has a garage and TWO attics full of tools, including tools to cut marble.

He is just terrible at building other crap, such as the ghetto tv rig thing.

Back
Top Bottom