Ridiculous?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Photographers, web designers, freelancers, etc.
Photoshop, Adobe has a massive target audience other than just large corps.

...and for all those small businesses you mentioned, this would be a small expense that would later contribute to the success of their enterprise.

Network admins don't need it, and in the real world web design people only use pictures created by graphic designers/artists thus have no need for it. When they do, someone created GIMP for a reason.
Correct, that is why I mentioned the fact that I am also getting a degree in web design. Free lance web designers often work on their own.

You are thinking of just graphical designers. Not a "web designer".

vampist;1028014You are thinking of just graphical designers. Not a "web designer".[/QUOTE said:
9/10 times a web designer just lays out a web page, they hardly ever create the images used on the site.

...and for those small businesses you mentioned, this would be a small expense that would later contribute to the success of their enterprise.

I understand that it would pay for itself in quick time.

No one other than macboy find it ridiculous that the software itself is more expensive then the OS it runs on?

9/10 times a web designer just lays out a web page, they hardly ever create the images used on the site.
More like 4/10. There are more free lance people than most people believe.
Possibly 9/10 if it's a large company.

Sorry if your particular opinion doesn't matter here. Speaking you spend upwards of 2000 on a crappy computer anyway. Hence "macboy".

Which makes sense on why the 999 price tag on this software would not phase you.

No one other than macboy find it ridiculous that the software itself is more expensive then the OS it runs on?

More like 4/10. There are more free lance people than most people believe.
Possibly 9/10 if it's a large company.

I don't find it ridiculous because most people who typically need all the bells and whistles provided have multi-thousand dollar machines to run it on where even the hard drive costs more than the OS. So your point is kind of moot.

yes, there are a lot of free-lancers out there. Unfortunately most can't afford to do it any more because of the economy. Maybe when things pick back up your numbers will be right.

Basically, you have no case. For those who really need it can justify the cost. Photoshop is a large, powerful program and the engineers who made it (and the professional testers) need to get paid. If you can't justify it then odds are you don't need it and gimp is perfect for you.

Sorry if your particular opinion doesn't matter here. Speaking you spend upwards of 2000 on a crappy computer anyway. Hence "macboy".

Which makes sense on why the 999 price tag on this software would not phase you.

You know you've lost an argument when you begin to resort to personal attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom