Random Chit Chat

question here: if an OS is installed on a hdd on the computer, you cant transfer the hdd to another computer expecting the OS to still work propperly? You would have to bhave a fresh hdd/ format it and then install the OS again right

erm my amd overdrive is giving me 9078

I had luck transferring an old hdd that I had laying around into an old computer and I didn't know that there was an os on it but when I fired up the computer just to see if the hdd was detected and an old install of vista I had forgotten about booted up, extremely slowly but it actually booted then it had a found new hardware frenzy. I ended up just formatting it and installing xp though since the computer was old.

The computer the hard drive came out of was quite similar to the one it went into. It came out of a amd athlon xp 2700 and went into a computer with an amd athlon 1800 and the computers had mobos made by aOpen but different models.

If I were you though I'd just find a way to back up all the important stuff off the drive and reinstall the os.

I use a device similar to this, not this exact one for checking what's on random hdds I have laying around and back up what's needed

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3516746&Sku=T925-1219

If the OS is XP, there is a simple way of preparing the OS for a HDD transfer into a new machine. I would have to did up the tutorial if you need it.

thanks people :) and its just a transfer to an old computer as the old hdd broke and yes it is xp and ill look on google about that OS hdd transfer thing

Back
Top Bottom