$1,000 budget build, please critique!

If she's not gaming or being a hardcore OCer, then I wouldn't waste too much on a motherboard.
Here, that's the ASUS M4A89GTD Pro
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131633
$140, with SATA III (6Gbps) and with USB 3.0

i mentioned that 4 or 5 posts up. lol :D :D

i have the same MOBO and honestly just because its 140 bucks doesnt mean its a bd mobo at all. its very high quality and has great features, it is somewhat future-proof with USB3.0 and SATA 6gb/s already intergrated on to it.

its also very user friendly

if this is just an HTPC/email/internet build $140 is very, very expensive for just a motherboard, SATA III and USB 3.0 are definitely not necessary as long as we're talking about a basic build for pretty basic use (no gaming or video encoding), this mobo/cpu combo can be had for less than the price of that AMD motherboard...

mobo: GIGABYTE GA-G41M-ES2H $59 shipped...

cpu: Intel Pentium E5300 Wolfdale 2.6GHz 2MB L2 Cache $66.99...

of course the OP has yet to reply regarding what the system will be used for, so we still don't know...

I'm with Wolvarine here. The build I'm posting from right now while my system is under maintanence is using an E5300 on a 730i chipset. The build cost me 300 shipped and runs fast as hell. Very quiet due to low cooling needs, too!

if this is just an HTPC/email/internet build $140 is very, very expensive for just a motherboard, SATA III and USB 3.0 are definitely not necessary as long as we're talking about a basic build for pretty basic use (no gaming or video encoding), this mobo/cpu combo can be had for less than the price of that AMD motherboard...

of course the OP has yet to reply regarding what the system will be used for, so we still don't know...

yea but he did list a 5770 video card. so im willing to bet she wants to be able to play games. so based of that i suggested that mobo because the one he had originally listed was WAY too expensive.

Back
Top Bottom