HP Pavilion dv6000

Bagzli

Baseband Member
Hello,

I have an HP Pavilion dv6000 notebook series and I was using it lately to play some games on it. I understand this notebook is not designed for games and that is why there is so much lagg even on the lowest settings. I was wondering if it is possible buying a new Graphics Card or Processor that would make the game run better, without lagg and be able to put up effects so i actually see the game like everybody else.

The Specs for the computer are:

2gb Ram
32-bit Operating System with Windows 7 (its running way better then with original vista home premium I use to have)
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-53 1.70GHz

If you guys need any more information please ask and I will proved them to best of my ability. (if you also be kind to tell me how to get that information for you)

Also i have 2 more questions and not sure if they are hardware related so please don't scold me for putting it in this section but is it possible to get a new case for this notebook since mine is kinda damaged a bit and also the display sscreen is a bit loose, how can I fix that up?

I have a similar notebook and it does not appear you can upgrade the gpu. What gpu does it currently have and what games are you trying to play

sorry what is gpu and I am trying to play Jade Dynasty and Heroes of Newerth

You really can't upgrade laptops at all, it's all soldered right into the mainboard. The only thing you might be able to upgrade is the processor, and even that is a stretch. Laptops just aren't meant for games, they are meant for mobility.

Very few laptops have an upgradeable GPU, but yours does NOT have that ability. You're stuck with what you have. Upgrading the CPU and RAM won't help much.

@mikee286, the dv6000 AFAIK are AMDs, so this one should have a Geforce Go GPU...like a 7200 graphics.

I know it sucks, but when you talk about mobility, you have to be aware that they remove a lot of features to have it at the lightest it can be for these models.

Back
Top Bottom