got a problem with a radeon hd 5770, need help

I am quite disappointed with my 5770.

When I run it, I get this high pitched screeching sound. Also I can't dual screen with it. the HDMI port is too close to the VGA port. So when I put a HDMI to VGA adapter only one fits. :(

I am going to return it to newegg in a few days and try to find another card that has two VGA ports so I know I can dual screen with that,

You bought a super fail card then, or you're doing it wrong. I love my 5770. It's surprisingly quiet, especially compared to my old GTS250. Not to mention it runs noticeably cooler. (I had an EVGA GTS250, have an XFX 5770 now). Also, I've already had 3 monitors on it, so there's nothing holding the card back at all. No clue what you're talking about tbh :-S

Lol, when I ran it there was a super high pitched screeching noise that I couldn't figure out.

So I am just going to find a new card soon.

Edit:

Maybe I will try this or this.

Probably the first one, if I even get another one after this card.

Lol, when I ran it there was a super high pitched screeching noise that I couldn't figure out.

So I am just going to find a new card soon.

Edit:

Maybe I will try this or this.

Probably the first one, if I even get another one after this card.

No clue what that would be. I know cheap capacitors can cause a high pitched whining noise :-/

I would just get a reference model. No fancy coolers for me :-]

I have the 9500gt that is working for me, so idk. I may just return it and have a little extra gas money. I am not quite sure what I am going to do at this point.

Just get an RMA and return the HD5770. I could just be a faulty fan. Instead of using the HDMI port, why not use both DVI ports?

Yup, and when you put a HDMI to DVI adapter in you can't connect the DVI cable because there isn't enough room. Design flaw is all. So i need a card that already has 2 DVI ports haha

Yup, and when you put a HDMI to DVI adapter in you can't connect the DVI cable because there isn't enough room. Design flaw is all. So i need a card that already has 2 DVI ports haha

Like I said, reference model cards ftw :p

What is a reference model card? I would google it, but just don't feel like it haha.

Back
Top Bottom