When I thought four or five adds per page was a lot...

Yeah, that was done quite a few years ago. A page that was 1 million pixels selling blocks of 100 pixels for 100 bucks ($1 a pixel). Genius idea and I wish I'd thought of it...:) There are some copies of it too, like the million penny webpage and a couple others I can't think of right now.

Edit: The million penny homepage

The idea is simple: to try and make $1m (US) by selling 1,000,000 pixels for $1 each. Hence, 'The Million Dollar Homepage". The main motivation for doing this is to pay for my degree studies, because I don't like the idea of graduating with a huge student debt. I know people who are paying off student loans 15-20 years after they graduated. Not a nice thought!

Smart kid. He sold them in 100 pixel blocks for $1 per pixel. If you notice, they are all sold out. :D

He was trying to keep it up t'il Aug 26th of this year...but he would want it forever. $100 bucks for advertizing for life is quite good business wize.

The million penny homepage? That's 10k!

I don't think it was a reoccurring fee. I believe it was a one time payment for at least a five year commitment.

That's what I said...$100 bucks for lifetime advertizing...just one $100 bill and you don't have to worry anymore.

Yeah I remember that guy being on TV and everything when it first came out, I think he was only in his early 20s

That was years back - genius idea, very smart guy. Honestly thought everyone had heard of it already though!

Back
Top Bottom