graphics card help

reeve

Baseband Member
hi! im wondering what graphics cards will worth when you have 2 in a computer system to be able to use all the outputs? preferably ones with HDMI and DVI outputs, one of each on each card, or ones with dual DVI so you can use all 4 ports for 4 monitors? (even though i'll only be using 3) its for a 3 screen setup.

or whats the best way to achieve this as cheaply as possible. gaming isnt a factor here. i dont play hardware intensive games like WoW so not a problem.

although 512mb ram is a prefered min

as i understand crossfired cards can only use the outputs on one of the two cards.

also a budget of £70 per card. nothing real fancy, just need to be able to use 3 monitors to extend my desktop over. so no mirroring.

It would be best to get matching cards to keep things simple. They don't need to be running in Crossfire/SLI to do what you need. You would simply install the second card along with it's drivers. You can then hook two monitors to the main card, and a third, or even a fourth the the second card.

If you have a pair of PCIe slots, a couple of these would work nicely: Sapphire HD 4650 512MB DDR2 HDMI DVI VGA Out PCI-E Graphics Card

hey thanks! thats perfect. the motherboard im getting actually has 2 pci-e x16 1 pci-e x8 1 pci-e x4 and 2 pci-e x1 along with 2 regular pci slots. so its not like im lacking in pci-e slots lmao.

gotta love the msi X58 board, i7 processor, 24GB max ddr3 ram.

for what im using the system for its going to be one super fast system eh?

those hards are great because i can hook up my VDI and VGA to one card and then a second DVI monitor to the second and have the second linked to the tv via HDMI for movie playback on big screen lol.

thank you!

those are some great finds, and would be easier, however, because atomics link is cheaper i'll have to go for that one, simply becuse then its an extra £20 that can go towards the ram as DDR3 isnt cheap and im actually unemployed.

i really cant thank you both enough for looking around for me though! reps to you both

The USB 2.0 Graphic Adapter allows you to connect an extra monitor to your desktop PC or laptop's USB port. The connected monitor can be configured to either clone your primary screen, or extend the Windows desktop allowing visibility of more applications at the same time.

The USB 2.0 Graphic Adapter driver used to control the extra screen uses very little computer resource and offers a vast array of screen resolutions and color depths. This ensures that there is little difference in performance between a directly connected screen and a screen connected through the USB 2.0 Graphic Adapter

The USB 2.0 Graphic Adapter supports up to six simultaneous displays, including widescreen displays, extending your desktop and your horizons. It operates at a high resolution of 1920x1200 / 2048x1152.

Office Use:

•View large spreadsheets across two screens with display continuity
•Multitask more effectively without overlapping windows
•Open attachments on one screen while reading the e-mail on the other
Mobile Use:
•Do multiple screen displays and presentations without bringing another computer
Graphic Use:
•Use second display for pallets/tools
Data Entry Use:
•Type documents on one screen while viewing reference material on the other
Wall Street:
•Use a notebook for viewing multiple screens
•View charts and live data at the same time
Entertainment:
•View videos/TV on one screen and your desktop on the other scre
•Easily connect additional monitors using a USB 2.0 Cable
•Enjoy resolutions of up to 1920x1200 at 32 bit color
•Allows for effortless multitasking
•Bus Powered - No external power supply needed
•Supports usage through powered KVMP's or USB hubs

lhuser>>> removed links and company info. You can't post that up here.

sorry, i looked at these for my laptop and when building a desktop it just doesnt seem like a viable option, especaily if i decided to play a game on that monitor, the usb data stream simply wouldnt be able to keep up all that well compared to add on cards.

however not to discredit these completely, for laptops requiring further monitors or connection to a projector they are spot on and if i was keeping my laptop multi screen setup i would have brought a couple of these

Could go with an ATI 5XXX series, and use EyeFinity. Would need a converter or a monitor that supports display port though.

Back
Top Bottom