discrimination possibly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha. I think the majority of you completely missed the mark of his question, and in trying to look good, immediately shot him down and then turned this thread into how teachers are underpaid and overworked.

I don't really think the question was "what do you think of my shirt?". It was more like "is this a discriminatory act? - Ignoring the clearly inappropriate attire of the girls and focusing mainly on me?"

I don't fully know the circumstances, and neither does anyone else but you. Bottom line - We're (and by "we" I mean everyone.) not educated enough of what really happened to say. [/THREAD]

Haha. I think the majority of you completely missed the mark of his question, and in trying to look good, immediately shot him down and then turned this thread into how teachers are underpaid and overworked.

I don't really think the question was "what do you think of my shirt?". It was more like "is this a discriminatory act? - Ignoring the clearly inappropriate attire of the girls and focusing mainly on me?"

I don't fully know the circumstances, and neither does anyone else but you. Bottom line - We're (and by "we" I mean everyone.) not educated enough of what really happened to say. [/THREAD]
Of course the male teachers aren't going to complain about the inappropriate female attire....lol

Again, this is getting back to not being able to answer the question accurately, because situations can often be skewed in favor of the "victim", depending on which side told the story. Not being there, and not being an investigator, I really can't say.

But, let's go ahead and assume the OP and Tommy Boy are right, the girls were, in fact, dressed inappropriately and the teach did not report them, but decided to only report you for your "offensive" shirt. That is a discriminatory act. It would not be taken seriously by ANY court, and it's probably not even an issue worth pressing, but take a small note of it. If it happens on multiple occasions, it might be something that you would want to talk to a superior about.

I am in NO WAY (to avoid slander from members) condoning wearing shirts that are questionable or expecting anyone to get away with the a fore mentioned. I am not even saying that you should press the issue right now. You would just be putting yourself in a bit of a pickle. But like I said, take note of the instance.

hmm well the top 50 salaries in community just came out thursday in the local paper. there are 8 teachers on there 4 principals, 1 vice principal and school superintendant,

all of which made between 94k and 156k this year. thats right, the lowest paid teacher on that list made 94 THOUSAND DOLLARS!!! and they dont work during the summer.

and someone said they dont do it for the money, and in the same breath you said underpaid teachers make crappy ones??? well OBVIOUSLY they ARE doing it for the money.

all im saying is they make a fair wage. just because they get up and go to school at 6am and leave at 5pm means NOTHING to me.

i go to work at 3am and dont leave until 9pm sometimes. and i make WAY under 40k a year. is that fair? lol

bottom line is, if you cant deal with kids, dont become a teacher. more money is NOT going to make you like your job more, it will only force you to show up everyday. FACT

Simple - Teacher's union. I can't stand any goddamn unions. It's like a loophole for extortion.

Again, this is getting back to not being able to answer the question accurately, because situations can often be skewed in favor of the "victim", depending on which side told the story. Not being there, and not being an investigator, I really can't say.

But, let's go ahead and assume the OP and Tommy Boy are right, the girls were, in fact, dressed inappropriately and the teach did not report them, but decided to only report you for your "offensive" shirt. That is a discriminatory act. It would not be taken seriously by ANY court, and it's probably not even an issue worth pressing, but take a small note of it. If it happens on multiple occasions, it might be something that you would want to talk to a superior about.

I am in NO WAY (to avoid slander from members) condoning wearing shirts that are questionable or expecting anyone to get away with the a fore mentioned. I am not even saying that you should press the issue right now. You would just be putting yourself in a bit of a pickle. But like I said, take note of the instance.
You're right, we need the whole story. If there are other students who are wearing similar or even more offensive clothing and not getting called out about it then yes, it could be discrimination.

So OP, tell us the rest of the story.

If he has taken a dislike to you thats just life, its probably not worth making an issue over and trying to take it any further

Ever since I requested for one of my teachers to fill out a forums for a doctor (focusing, grades, etc..) he has been singling me out on certain things, the main one dress code. Now this shirt he all of a sudden found to be "offensive" reads "Fart Master *toxic symbol* caution: contents under pressure", this shirt I had been wearing on and off all year with no problems. Now were the discrimination kicks in is the fact that there are girls in the same room with dress code violations (short shorts, cleavage, etc...) and he says nothing.

Just turned the shirt inside out the first time and changed it back the next hour (with no problem with teachers). Second time just flat out told them no and was sent home. Don't see any thing wrong with it.

What do you guys think?
Sorry to shoot you down like this. But I think anyone who has such terrible grammar and poor sentence structure should be paying more attention to his school work than what he is wearing. The entire post was a pain in the ass to simply comprehend what argument if any that you wanted to convey here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom