Eaglecorps911 laptop repair blog.

I'd beg to differ there. If you can find me a system that will post when no graphics chip is detected, then I might believe that.. from my years of experience, systems that do not detect graphics chips in some form either beep or just spin fans.

Graphics chips on DV series nvidia based laptops is a known issue and HP has addressed the issue, it's a known fact. The re-flux method will fix the problem in most situations.

Ok I stand corrected then. Next time you might want to say this is a confirmed issue with those HP nvidia chipset models. I though nvidia got out of the chipset biz anyway.

The DV9000 series AFAIR, had a recall for a GPU issue, probably overheating. I would check out the GPU chip, and try to apply some new thermal compound and make sure the heatsink is well seated...if not a heatpipe.

This is like the PS3 I'm working on. Gee, Microsoft, are you planning to start a AC business with those literally leg-burning graphics? Talk about eye candy. Look at all the rainbows coming through those tears.

yer i would say its your Nvidia bga mate, the DV series is a twat for it and the symptoms sound right too. Its normally not worth re-flowing them either they only tend to last around a week before they go again. Nvidia have started gluing down the bga now, simple but less of them are going.

Back
Top Bottom