Need PC upgrade suggestions

Zer0Cool

Fully Optimized
So my friend is upgrading his PC and asked me to help. $300 is what he has to spend.

He has the fallowing mobo, ASUS P5BW-LA (Basswood). He needs new GPU, PSU and case his current PSU is only 300W. He told me that he wants to get the fallowing GPU, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161292&cm_re=4870-_-14-161-292-_-Product Can you recomend something better for that money?What recommendations you guys have for the PSU? If any money is left he also asked for some RAM upgrade, he has 2GB.

Main PC role is Gaming.

Thanks.

Whoah, why does he want that video card? The MSI R5770Hawk would cost about the same, perform better, and overclocks like a beast. It also has DX11 and better crossfire scaling, among other benefits.

For that, he really would not need a lot of power, and would be just fine with something like a 400-500w antec PSU (I'll post links in a min) and then you could use the leftover money to buy extra RAM.

Not necessarily. It should have the same clock speed, timings, and voltage, or else things tend to get kinda screwy.

Typically, there is more than one model with the same specs, so I would just buy whichever is cheapest, unless it's from some POS manufacturer, or you are planning to overclock it.

Thanks for quick replies guys. The MSI R5770Hawk looks good, someone told him that the other card was also good and he just wants to be sure he is getting a better deal on the MSI one. I gave him a link to this post so he could read as well.

After some quick evaluation i think he decided to add a new case to the equation. We found Antec 900 on newegg for ($89.99 after $10.00 Mail-In Rebate) but with $300 i don't know if we can pull all of that. He is not stressing the RAM issue that much so that can be eliminated. Unless there is a good RAM for $30 that could be added, i think $330 might be dueble for him.

Case = ?
GPU = ?
PSU = ?
If any money is left need also RAM.

Thanks fellaz.

(il edit the original post as well)

He looked at Raidmax and they were nice. He just sad he felt in love with the Antec 900 lol. With that case what would good PSU/MOBO ?

Thanks

He looked at Raidmax and they were nice. He just sad he felt in love with the Antec 900 lol. With that case what would good PSU/MOBO ?

Thanks

Wait what?

I don't really see any reason to get the antec 900 for a system with these specs. You'd do better spending your money on upgrades that will increase performance.

Back
Top Bottom