discrimination possibly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IowaBoy

In Runtime
Ever since I requested for one of my teachers to fill out a forums for a doctor (focusing, grades, etc..) he has been singling me out on certain things, the main one dress code. Now this shirt he all of a sudden found to be "offensive" reads "Fart Master *toxic symbol* caution: contents under pressure", this shirt I had been wearing on and off all year with no problems. Now were the discrimination kicks in is the fact that there are girls in the same room with dress code violations (short shorts, cleavage, etc...) and he says nothing.

Just turned the shirt inside out the first time and changed it back the next hour (with no problem with teachers). Second time just flat out told them no and was sent home. Don't see any thing wrong with it.

What do you guys think?

tell him to worry about teaching before he gets his job taken from him like the rest of the teachers in schools that have FINALLY been "cleaning house"

i HATE teachers. lol. they want to be paid as much as doctors to teach multiplication.

this shirt ... reads "Fart Master *toxic symbol* caution: contents under pressure",

What do you guys think?

I think you shouldn't wear shit like that to school.

you're there to learn, not to show off you oh so funny, but not actually funny tee-shirts.

it people like you that make schools introduce uniforms.

Trust me. For all the work they do, they're drastically underpaid.

ALL the work? give me a freakin break. they know what theyre gettin in to when they sign up for the job. they grade papers and read books.

now theyre MIGHT be one in every 10000 teachers thats a real good person and a mentor to the children. but all my highschool teachers basically threw on a video and assigned homework that they barely graded.

it was a freakin joke. underpaid my ass

ALL the work? give me a freakin break. they know what theyre gettin in to when they sign up for the job. they grade papers and read books.

now theyre MIGHT be one in every 10000 teachers thats a real good person and a mentor to the children. but all my highschool teachers basically threw on a video and assigned homework that they barely graded.

Teachers wake up early and usually get to school around 6 or 7 a.m. Though school may end around 3, they usually don't leave till 5 or 6 p.m. Grading hundreds of essays and papers are tough and extremely time consuming. Planning classes requires time. Weekly meetings with other teachers and administration requires time. Talking and helping students take up even more time. Some of my high school teachers would stay till midnight some nights to finish papers. Many teachers help with sports and clubs without pay.
Normal 5 to 9 jobs will usually not involve extra work outside the workplace.

I watched videos, and I had homework I graded myself. But I seriously believe that teachers do deserve more financial support. Crappy pay ends up with crappy teachers.

They're not doing the job for the pay; they're doing it because they love helping others

As for the OP, just don't wear the t-shirt and try not to make a big problem out of it. Try to toe the line and not give him any reason to trouble you. Some teachers are just dicks, but the best things to do is just to get by.

Most schools, if not all here have dress codes that involve uniforms, until you get to college. Live with it; basically

You guys have no idea....
I work as the technology coordinator for a school system and firmly believe that teachers deserve every dime they get plus a whole lot more. The bullshit that they have to put up with alone is enough that most people would probably quit within the first year. Mouthy students who don't want to work, parents who think their child is the best in the world even though he/she lies/cheats/steals -- it must be the teachers fault. At the end of the day, teachers are with the kids for 8-9 hours and parents get them for 4-5 at night (before the kid goes to sleep and even less if the kid is involved in any after school activity) and 1-2 in the morning (getting them ready for school). 75% of the parents in my district thing of school as a babysitter for their kids and I think alot of those parents expect the school to raise the kids for them. Then when the kid does something to get in trouble (like wear a stupid shirt to school) the parents call up and bitch and whine because their child is perfect and the school is dicriminating against him/her.

Have you ever worked with kids? high school and jr. high? I think not. Teachers are way underpaid. Which is why they don't care. Go to a rich town where they pay the teachers a decent amount, and you will find they have very good teachers.

I don't think your shirt should be a problem. It's just he wants to abuse his power as a teacher, make himself feel like he is in a bigger position. High school teachers and Jr. High teachers tend to do that A LOT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom