Power supply explosion -> weird problems

LOL I know what it is, but the one on XP only does it if it detects a change in chipset.

Not true. I dropped my XP installation from my 680i into an E520 while I was buying new hardware, and it didn't ask for validation at all. It's kind of random as to when it asks.

Not true. I dropped my XP installation from my 680i into an E520 while I was buying new hardware, and it didn't ask for validation at all. It's kind of random as to when it asks.

Interesting... The thing is that I've swapped GPUs idk how many times on this system, and it never did anything about it, but the second the PSU blows, this starts. I hope it's a coincidence, but I do not think so right now.

Test the RAM, run some benchies and check for abnormalities. If something's messed up, you'll know.

Test the RAM, run some benchies and check for abnormalities. If something's messed up, you'll know.

I'll test a bit more tomorrow. My brother's asleep atm, so it'd be weird to just walk into his room and take his computer. lol.

Anyway, I did not get any weird errors running UT3 or FoFiX off the IGP, so I'm thinking the system is OK. It's just weird that it starting giving me the errors right when this happened.

Windows tends to be like that when hardware changes. I just don't know the frequency. I changed 3 systems and still didn't asked for me, some asked within a couple of changes, and yours was at the first one. It's unclear as to when it'll ask.

when I had xp it asked me to reactivate when I upgraded my ram from 256 to 768mb. I really don't see why it would do something like that

Back
Top Bottom