PC blue screening

Thanks Remeniz,

Its been fine for over a week with no issues after taking that stick out, and then suddenly out of the blue, again, another blue screen.

I was watching an episode of Top Gear on BBC iPlayer, and went to open up my e-mails from MSN. It said Firefox had crashed, so I went to Processes to turn it off manually, and went to click to my e-mails, and....*Crash*

I'm hoping its not something else as well now...

Its a Corsair TX650, so should be pretty stable.

I've had an Antec power supply go in this build though, which was a 550 watt beforehand.

It blew, with a bang, and I lost a hard drive with it.

This power cut we had the other week, has so far took a stick of RAM out with it. I hope nothing else

What surge are you running? Granted, I believe you are in the UK, correct? So I guess maybe I can't speak to UK surge protectors...

Surge? I don't believe we have one built into the house :( It may not be the same here in the UK though

Oh, those! I thought you meant maybe an overall circuit protector for the entire home's supply.

Yeah, we have one, and it seems to be active

I've been having a similar problem with my machine. Instead of a blue screen, mine just locks up tight and needs to be restarted. I tested the memory, and two sticks were bad, the other two seemed OK. I still get the occasional lockup though and I'm suspecting it's one or both of the remaining memory modules. I really do need to get the bad ones RMA'd.

I just can't really afford for more parts to go. Its annoying, how it's been all about power; that has caused all my trouble from the very start.

I'd run a check on the remaining two, as will I, even though they came up clear when finding the error on the last module

Back
Top Bottom