Random Chit Chat

Dell's monitors are great. I would like another one, too - I have my 20" dell, and a 17" "Videoseven". It's alright, but it's kinda strange having a wide-screen and "normal" monitor.

I love my new dell monitor.. it blows away my secondary samsung!

No!!! The cheap ones are horrible. I have one of these.
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/items/5JH82?Pid=search

true, but i still wouldnt recommend a 150$+ iron for someone who just tinkers around with it, and doesn't have much experience in it.

^this. If I were to spend anything near $100 anytime soon would be an arcade stick.

EDIT - New avatar. Getting ready for SSFIV. :D
Gotta get me an arcade stick soon, I bought one for the 360, but sold it so I can get a PS3 one. Now I am debating on either getting a cheap one for $50, and spend another $50 on actual parts to mod (gotta learn how to solder too) later on, or just spend $100 on one that already uses actual arcade parts, and only need to buy an octagonal gate with it (I don't like square gates, I get caught in the corner and can't do my moves right).

Haha. Thank you for that one AR. Excellent. Very excellent. He illustrated the point well while being slightly subtle.

Opera mini has finally been released for iphone. I thought it got rejected from the appstore. It is quite a bit faster than safari but lacks pinch to zoom and has slightly less usable screen real estate. A somewhat annoying problem though if I go to youtube and try to click on a video in opera it will not do anything where as in safari it brings up the youtube player and plays the video

This was my original plan, but I got to thinking, why couldn't I just run the card with no HSF? It seems like it would be a lot safer, because I would not run the risk of screwing other components in the process.
I don't think it would get near hot enough to melt the solder joints. The GPU would just burn itself up and quit. Besides, I don't think I'd be willing to take the chance that the card wouldn't take anything else with it if it did die.

Haha. Thank you for that one AR. Excellent. Very excellent. He illustrated the point well while being slightly subtle.
Yea, that kid did a nice job at getting his point across. :D

I don't think it would get near hot enough to melt the solder joints. The GPU would just burn itself up and quit. Besides, I don't think I'd be willing to take the chance that the card wouldn't take anything else with it if it did die.

I was thinking the same thing. I don't think I could have said it better though.

I don't think leaving the HSF off would help because of this. At some point, the card will stop functioning, and I think that it would be before it gets hot enough to "fix itself'. Hence, being a total waste. At least the over trick would be worth some sort of a shot.

Opera mini has finally been released for iphone. I thought it got rejected from the appstore. It is quite a bit faster than safari but lacks pinch to zoom and has slightly less usable screen real estate. A somewhat annoying problem though if I go to youtube and try to click on a video in opera it will not do anything where as in safari it brings up the youtube player and plays the video

Will they be releasing a version with flash support?

If they do, then I think I can deal with my iPhone for a bit longer.

From my experience it does not have flash support as of now but who knows on future releases. I don't think apple will allow any flash. Also with the upcoming release of iphone os 4.0 developers must use apple's proprietary development tools which means no simple ports for apps like facebook and twitter and other multiplatform programs. They will have to be done from scratch which will result in fewer apps being made. I'd just ditch the iphone if I were you and get something with android.

Back
Top Bottom