CF wiki

http://www.cfwiki.mikkle.co.uk/index.php?title=Special:AllPages - you should be able to access that page without signing up.

I'm pretty sure Lowndsey's comment was a sarcastic one - there have been very few contributions since the announcement was made. A lot of people seemed keen on making major contributions but in reality this hasn't been the case. I've put a few articles up there, but I just don't have the time to write / maintain them all; this was never going to work unless it was a large scale community effort.

I haven't mentioned anything because I don't think it's fair to push people into doing something if they don't want to do it - heck, it was a small project on the side and I'm not going to start getting bitter because people aren't contributing. It's not up to me to tell people what to do (it's not like I'm going to be paying anyone to contribute!)

That said, I don't see the problem in leaving it open - I keep the site up anyway, so it's 0 effort on my part to leave the wiki up as a subdomain where it is. If people decide to start producing content and leaving it there at some point in the future, then great - if not then hey, nothing to lose - at least we tried! :)

I would gladly contribute, but why can't it just be a standard dang wiki (like wikipedia)? I mean, everyone knows that format. That site above is just screaming confusion.

I would gladly contribute, but why can't it just be a standard dang wiki (like wikipedia)? I mean, everyone knows that format. That site above is just screaming confusion.

Screaming confusion? What planet are you on?? In my opinion it's an easier format to use than the usual wiki format!

---

I was just about to post something along the lines of what berry said, this morning :rolleyes:

The simplicity of the normal Wiki is what made it popular. You get the main page and then links within that page on sub topics.

I freely admit it's a state at the moment, I left it half way through playing around with things and never really got back to it. The design is a mess and there's no links by category which there probably should be on the front page. It does need a lot of work on that front.

This was half why I only wanted the site open to a few people to start with - it's not really ready for public viewing yet, certainly not where I'd advertise it as a useful resource. Far from it! It doesn't really impair the ability of people to create articles though, and I'm sure if the community was that committed to producing articles for it (this isn't a jab at anyone, definitely not you!) there would be more up there despite the fact it's in a bit of a mess.

In short, I'm a busy guy juggling a full time job and I while I'm more than happy to play around for a bit I can't really justify spending hours and hours on something that doesn't look like it's going to take off. If things pick up I'll have a rethink (and will try and invest some time in getting it looking nicer and sorting it all out) but I doubt I'm going to have the site at wikipedia standards in a hurry!

I want this to actually get properly off the ground, so I'll write a few more articles, but it's a joint effort, so if anyone else is bothered about getting this off the ground, just write an article, it all helps!

Are we all looking at the same page... This doesn't seem very confusing to me...

CFWiki.png

Back
Top Bottom