Gaming monitor

You really should research things before posting foothead. . .

Intel Core i7 Memory Analysis – Can Dual Channel Cut it?
We have seen today that dual channel memory on the Core i7 is more than enough to keep it fed with bandwidth, especially since the CPU and memory are communicating with each other directly. There is very little lost bandwidth and it makes better use of all of the dual channel memory than the triple channel memory.
Core i7 Dual Channel vs Triple Channel Memory Test
The results we achieved on these tests were mixed however you can easily conclude that there is a difference but not so much that you will notice right away.

I was going by these benches, which I saw last year. They show triple channel being significantly faster than dual channel.

http://www.ninjalane.com/articles/general_information/dualvtriple

We left this testing session with the opinion that the triple channel configuration is a definite plus for the consumer and happens to be very logical progression in the ever increasing performance of memory.

Of course it is not going to be a night and day difference, but triple channel is faster, and 6GB of DDR3 should be cheaper than 8GB. I really see no reason to go with dual channel on that setup.

bluray odd's are around £60-£70 on ebay for a new one. so pretty good price for blu-ray im getting one next month lol

Back
Top Bottom