Thanks Google Chrome...

I get a similar problem on fb where images do not load (only photos in peoples photo albums) but I'm using ff

The more I think about it, Brighthouse Roadrunner might be messing around with my images...

I decided to give Chrome a go, but after a few days, moved back to Firefox...

I have chrome on my ubuntu partition as my main browser. Firefox keeps refusing to upgrade to 3.6. Something unthinkably simple in windows takes so much more know how in linux. After running update manager though I ended up with something called namoroka which looks like ff but registers as version 3.6.4 which hasn't been released. It also crashes on some sites. But enough ranting about browsers, point is chrome is basically the only other option for the ubuntu computer.

Namoroka is the code name for the next version of firefox, which is why it shows up as the new version number. It's in heavy development currently which would be why it crashes - it's nowhere near complete! You've probably got an extra repository in there or another flag to grab unstable releases, which almost definitely isn't what you want unless you've done it for a very specific reason.

no luck getting "stable" ff3.6. Tried a whole bunch of different repos and all give me that namoroka browser that constantly crashes. Guess it'll just be chrome and possibly opera for the ubuntu rig.

Back
Top Bottom