Discover New Music?

I was using slacker. I signed up for basic free but for some reason it gave me a 30 day trial of the basic and it ended when the whole time it was said to be free forever.

A similar thing happened with last.fm last year. I had been using it for a little over a year and all of a sudden it said my trial was over and that continued service would cost 4$/month. And Imeem got bought out by myspace and was discontinued

I really do not no any other sites that are free other than grooveshark but that got annoying since they do not have an iphone app.

So if anyone knows of a good site I would also like to know. This whole free radio suddenly turning into trials is really getting annoying.

The only way i really find new stuff is through friends, XM radio, and music channels on TV (not MTV/BET/Country channels but the genre ones from cable) :)

Actually, I discover new music with a rather simple method.
I manually go through all albums released in a particular year.

All albums released in 2008: Wiki

I then take one I don't know and search it on youtube.

EDIT:

If you are looking for music like a particular band then search at tagomatic.

Bands like Breaking Benjamin: Tagomatic

After Pandora got taken away from the UK; I found Spotify, and that is what I am using currently.

I have the free version, but that is currently shut off, because of high demand.
It may come back at some point, but otherwise, its £9.99 a month. But for that, you can listen anywhere, on an ipod/iphone, etc, and have 320kbps OGG playback, compared to the 160kbps you get with the free version, plus any other exclusives they have.

I haven't been searching for new music for a little while now. I used to just listen to the radio a lot and when I heard something I liked I went and found it.

Back
Top Bottom