Random Chit Chat

That's my thing. Where was the QAT when this thing rolled by on the belt. It's a massive noticeable spec of metal protruding from the IHS. It's destroying my cooling abilities, no doubt.

Make sure you correspond with them via email or something similar, so you have a record of what they told you.

You might be able to lap the GPU down quite a bit if they say it's okay.

Calls are recorded.

I'm on the phone with one now and he seems highly intrigued. I want to RMA it, but I don't want to wait.

He's offered an RMA. I declined and asked if modifying the product slightly (lapping-sanding) would be acceptable and that I needed specific and explicit permissions for that noted and recorded. He said he'd check, and after a few seconds on hold, he said "No, I'm sorry sir. Technically, that is 'physical damage' and we can not allow it. We can still do an RMA now or at any point in time if you feel this is a big issue, we'll even throw in expedited shipping."

I am still declining that offer because I want to enjoy my card a bit more before I have to send it out. But he saw it the picture and agreed that that was certainly an IHS defect.

Their turnaround is like 2 days.

Probably all taken care of withing a week. I still have my GTS250 to fall back on.

well, technically, I kind of broke their rules. I didn't remove the sticker but I lifted a side of it to get my screwdriver under there. I'm sure they purposely stuck that sticker of the screw next to the GPU. But I never removed the sticker.

I guess I can't do a dedicated PhysX until Nvidia fixes their drivers. I thought my 470 was a little messed up and then checked GPU-Z. Turns out, putting in my GTS250 rolled me back to 196.21 which doesn't support GF100 cores. Hence my 14 FPS in FurMark.

I think you guys should kick my ass and try to convince me to ask a girl to formal here at my college. Ffffffffffffffff. I'm on the fence.

Back
Top Bottom