Question

tj107us1

In Runtime
I know this is a newbie question but guess what im a newbie. What is the difference between a non- overclocking and a overclocking computer?

Basically it's like this
Non-overclock: Buying a 600 horsepower car and keeping it at that.
Overclock: Buying a 600 horsepower car and tuning and pushing it to 650-700 horsepower. In some cases you can go from 600 horsepower to 1200 horsepower!

oh ok i understand now!! I say more power!!!!:D

I have another question, what is the difference between a 32-bit and 64-bit system, and how do you know what parts to get?

oh ok i understand now!! I say more power!!!!:D

I have another question, what is the difference between a 32-bit and 64-bit system, and how do you know what parts to get?

Your processor does so much per clockcycle. If you overclock it, you speed up the clockcycles. It's not really like increasing horsepower, it's more like increasing the maximum RPM's.

Anyhow, the difference between a 64bit and 32bit is different ram allocations. The max that a 32bit system can map is 4gb, including video ram and everything else. 64bit can map a massive amount of ram.

so there isnt a special way you have to program the computer it just depends on the operating software IE windows 7 32-bit or 64-bit

so there isnt a special way you have to program the computer it just depends on the operating software IE windows 7 32-bit or 64-bit
Also depends on the hardware.

32-bit CPU can only support 32-bit operating systems. Ram maxes out at 4gb.

64-bit CPU can support 32-bit operating systems and 64-bit operating systems. The ceiling on ram is incredibly high. A 64-bit OS usually requires 64-bit hardware drivers to work properly.

Also depends on the hardware.

32-bit CPU can only support 32-bit operating systems. Ram maxes out at 4gb.

64-bit CPU can support 32-bit operating systems and 64-bit operating systems. The ceiling on ram is incredibly high. A 64-bit OS usually requires 64-bit hardware drivers to work properly.

Pretty much what he said. Most modern processors are 64bit though.

Except for the Intel Itanium. Those can only run IA-64 operating systems and applications natively.
Itanium isn't exactly something mainstream. Either way, it's a bad platform. Last I heard, they will be no longer supported. Is it even a true x86 processor?

Itanium isn't exactly something mainstream. Either way, it's a bad platform. Last I heard, they will be no longer supported.

Lol I know it isn't mainstream, just pointing that out.

Intel released a new itanium 2 in February. Doesn't sound to me like they are being unsupported.

EDIT: no it is not truly x86, hence it's inability to run standard x86 applications. The architecture used is IA64. (intel architecture 64)

Back
Top Bottom