got a problem with a radeon hd 5770, need help

thounis

Beta member
so i bought a radeon HD 5770 today cause the fan on my old card died and figured i would just change the whole thing. So i took out the old card and installed the new one, turned on my computer and everything and that's fine. I installed the newest drivers and everything but if i look at my device manager screen it says this device cannot start under the display adapters tab.

this is exactly what it says.

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available. (clicking that does absolutely nothing)

Anyone know what the problem might be???, iv tried uninstalling and reinstalling it already, and changing the drivers, neither worked obviously. The only thing i can think of is that i didn't uninstall the drivers from my old card before hand cause i didn't know i was supposed to, i read that afterward .

No i didn't cause i didn't know i was supposed to until after i had installed the new one (dumb me) i found out i should have done that first when i was reading around trying to solve this problem.

Do it now, and remove both the original driver, and the new ATI one you installed. Then boot back up and reinstall the newest driver (Cat 10.3) from AMD.com.

alright thanks for the help, and my one last stupid question being is that something i have to download or will it be on my system when i boot into safe mode.

That is god to know. I have my MSI 5770 and I need to install and get my computer back together haha. I will keep this in mind, thanks :)

That is god to know. I have my MSI 5770 and I need to install and get my computer back together haha. I will keep this in mind, thanks :)

You bought the R5770 Hawk, right? I want overclocking results when you get it together. :D

OP: It may or may not work, this is just an idea. Give it a try and see what happens.

You bought the R5770 Hawk, right? I want overclocking results when you get it together. :D

OP: It may or may not work, this is just an idea. Give it a try and see what happens.

I am quite disappointed with my 5770.

When I run it, I get this high pitched screeching sound. Also I can't dual screen with it. the HDMI port is too close to the VGA port. So when I put a HDMI to VGA adapter only one fits. :(

I am going to return it to newegg in a few days and try to find another card that has two VGA ports so I know I can dual screen with that,

Back
Top Bottom