New build. ordering tomorrow. opinions?

lol I do not like it when people make things up.

the actual numbers @ stock are 2.09 TFLOPS for 5850 and 2.72 TFLOPS for 5870.

With both at the 5850's clocks (same as 5970 as well) the theoretical FLOPS will be 2.32 TFLOPS.

i hate when people try to talk about teraflops... 90% of ppl dont even know wtf a flop is, or even a belly flop.

and if you ASK me, TFs are not the way to compare anything.

but i know your just trying to tell him the true numbers. so its cool.

You mean a FLOPS?

It stands for floating point operations per second, and no I did not just look that up. :D

I agree, it really does not mean very much for gaming performance, but there are some applications where it could give you a good indication of performance.

i really hope that your xion PSU dosnt fry your rig.

and also, the reson why i linked the SAME CPU is because that CPU i linked comes with a stock cooler already, hence the aftermarked heat sink fan wouldnt be required.

also, the spin Q is a horrible performer

Yes the cpu I got does come with a stock cooler.
And I have yet to hear of a xion frying someones components. But maybe ill sell it and buy a different one since you seem so terrified of it lol. Have u used one b4??

Just took snipervipers advice and ordered the corsair psu.

Did not make that up...those numbers have been in every review I've read since I started looking up the HD 5000 series. I don't blow smoke. But I understand that those benches are different from real life application benches.

You mean a FLOPS?

It stands for floating point operations per second, and no I did not just look that up. :D

I agree, it really does not mean very much for gaming performance, but there are some applications where it could give you a good indication of performance.

yea...

Tera FLOPS haha

cuz i know you just love capitalized words.

Yes the cpu I got does come with a stock cooler.
And I have yet to hear of a xion frying someones components. But maybe ill sell it and buy a different one since you seem so terrified of it lol. Have u used one b4??

Just took snipervipers advice and ordered the corsair psu.

yeah, send the Xion back and just take the 15% or whatever restocking fee.

I saw a review site attempt to review one, and they ended up saying it was the worst PSU they had ever seen.

If you can go with 6GB of RAM instead of 4 do it. In my opinion 6GB is the sweet spot for new PC's.

Not for AMD.

4GB for AMD builds.

Can you explain? I dont see a reason why amd or intel would require different amount. How much ram does win7 use at clean install? 2gb? After some time once you get more software in ur PC that number be about 2.5gb and if you have a bunch of programs open the total amount can be up to 3gb, giving you only 1gb for games (about) Im not using my pc now so i cant see how much my pc is using. I dont know anything about AMD just saying 6gb to me is the sweet spot.

Back
Top Bottom